We stayed at vale da lapa for 10 nights between 22nd dec and 1st Jan. There was 8 of us in our party. As has been mentioned accommodation is of excellent standard and could not be faulted. We did enjoy food and the evening meal is waiter service which we liked. Yes at times we would of liked more choice but there was something for everybody on the menu and we didn't go hungry. Kids menu too. Wine of good quality and we even took bottles back to villa to enjoy there.
Staff were just brilliant and a big thank you to the waiters who looked after us during our stay. They treated us very well and remembered drinks we ordered ect..... It was the little touches that we thought were nice and this made us feel comfortable. Ana was very helpful and friendly, nothing a problem, anything you asked for she would go out of her way to help in fact all the staff were like this. A big thank you to them all!!!!! They worked very hard.
Unfortunately our youngest son was ill when we were away and needed medical assistance. The staff on reception guided and assisted us on ringing the doctors and making an appointment, again very helpful to us as they knew how worried we were. We needed to stay a few extra days as our son was not fit to fly home, we asked to stay and they were very helpful in assisting us. Every day asking how he was and was there anything they could do!!! During our extra stay we were very well looked after by the waiters ( the rest of our party went home as did our other son). Staff faultless.
Spa fine. I had a back massage and that was very nice.
As mentioned the meals are set times but we sometimes ordered our lunches at 2.30 and they were still happy to serve us.
Weather very nice. No shuttle bus so we walked to beach on day and got taxis other times. Would of been nice to have a shuttle on. Yes it is out of way of main town but we explored on our own and this is something that does not bother us. If your looking for a party atmosphere I wouldn't recommend you staying here. We like quiet so it suited us.
We were room 71 which is quite away from the main building but the walk was nice. So if you have mobility issues I would suggest asking for a suite near restaurant, reception ect...
Xmas and new year were great. Excellent NYE party and the food was very nice.
We would like to return again and are looking to book next Easter or Christmas. I would recommend vale da lapa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amid extensive landscaped gardens and manmade ponds, this 5-star resort offers luxurious villas with free wired internet. It boasts an on-site 9-hole putting green and, outdoor pools and a Spa. All apartments are situated in 2-storey duplex villas that feature modern and stylish decor. Each unit has a large living room and a bedroom with a high ceiling and balcony. There is also a full kitchen. At Vale Da Lapa, guests can enjoy the exclusive clubhouse featuring a design restaurant and bar with outdoor terrace. Guests can sample regional flavours and carefully selected local products. Agua Hotels Vale Da Lapa also boasts a jogging trail, 2 paddle tennis courts, and a multi-use astroturf pitch. Children can have fun at the play area and children's pool. Vale Da Lapa Hotel has a private entrance to the neighbouring tennis club and several golf courses can be found in its vicinity. Caneiros and Carvoeiro beaches are less than 5 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Vale da Lapa Resort & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vale Da Lapa Resort & Spa Hotel Carvoeiro
- Vale Da Lapa Resort And Spa
- Vale Da Lapa Resort & SPA Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve