We booked this as a last minute deal for our Honeymoon, and because it was a very cheap deal, we weren't really expecting a lot. How wrong we were!!
The setting is beautiful - the grounds are immaculately kept and it nestles in the glorious Portugese countryside, not far from the coast and loads of lovely beaches.
The staff were incredibly friendly, efficient and helpful - all spoke Excellent English without exception. They even gave us a free champagne and chocolate strawberries when we told them it was our honeymoon!
We had one of the 1 bedroom villas which was furnished and cleaned to an excellent standard, with full kitchen, and free (fast and reliable) wifi in the villa.
The food was outstanding - every single day breakfast was perfect. We sampled the evening menu once and whilst it was about averagely priced for a UK meal (perhaps a tad on the expensive side for Portugal) it was delicious, well presented, and tasted amazing.
All the facilities were excellent, spa, gym, indoor and outdoor pools, tennis courts; and included in the price (apart from specialist spa treatments, but even they were quite reasonably priced)
The nearest town is only a 10EUR taxi ride away, and the hotel staff arranged all the taxi journeys for us (with their better understanding of Portugese!) And there you'll find tons of bars, pubs, restaurants all serving any type of food you want, in all price ranges.
downsides? Well perhaps just one, but we're really being picky now. The TV only had 4 English channels, but this never really bothered us as we had an Ipad we just used the wifi to watch programmes instead. The pillows were a little firm for our tastes, but that is definitely a preference thing and we have the same in every hotel we stay in all over the world. (and in fairness the staff tried their level best with all manner of pillows) But that was about it really!
Excellent hotel, resort, staff and country. Can't wait to go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are on a family break, golf trip or incentive travel, our goal is always to surpass your expectations! Vale d'Oliveiras Quinta Resort & Spa is an elegant 5-star hotel and resort with 22 rooms, 2 suites and 80 townhouses. With an exceptional location, only 5 minutes from Carvoeiro and Ferragudo and close to some of the finest beaches and golf courses, Vale d'Oliveiras is a unique place to relax and discover the best of the Algarve! All rooms and townhouses are fully equipped with the highest quality fixtures and fittings and are designed to provide all the comfort you may need, whether you are on a leisure or business trip. The Monchique hills and Gramacho golf courses are the backdrop to this magnificent landscape. In addition, the resort has an abundance of stunning gardens carefully framed by the surrounding landscape. The traditional local architecture with Moorish influences provides a calm and tranquil environment. The hotel has a typical but striking interior courtyard complemented by Moorish arches and tiles designed by local artists. The low density construction integrates you fully into the landscape, making our townhouses the ideal choice for families with children or for long-term holidays. All have a typical Algarve chimney. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Vale d'Oliveiras Quinta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vale d`Oliveiras Quinta Resort And Spa
- Vale d`Oliveiras Quinta Hotel Carvoeiro
- Vale D'Oliveiras Quinta Resort & Spa Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve