The whole resort complex is huge. There are not only regular hotel rooms where I stayed, but also bungalows with private green area.
I stayed in Vale d'Oliveiras off the season (December), so there was no public entertainment, but still I could use small gym (much too small for pro's, but equipped well enough if you want to use run track, stepper, indoor rowing or dumbbells), small indoor pool (own swim cap required) spa (massages available from 20€ - special offer (50% off) - to 100 something € for 60-90mins session) or tennis court (10€ for one hour including renting two rackets and balls). Moreover, it must be great place for golfers, because golf fields surround the resort. I don't do golfing, so I have no idea if such area is large enough for reasonable golf play. The complex is in the middle of nowhere (6km to Lagoa, 6km to Portimao), so the car is a must. However, if you like to hike, the surroundings are amazing! - green Portuguese countryside.
My hotel room was facing tennis court and rural areas behind. Very nice view, especially in the morning sunrise. The room was clean and tidy, but had some signs of use (tiny scratches on walls). Flat TV (absolutely too small for the room of this size! I may be wrong, but think it was 19") with some Portuguese channels plus CNN, BBC package, Eurosport, some German channels too. The bed was comfortable and large enough for 2 persons. The bathroom large with bathtub (no independent shower), bidet and Azzaro perfumed cosmetics. Big terrace. A/C and heating working well.
The English spoken staff was very friendly and always ready to help.
I did not use resort bar or restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are on a family break, golf trip or incentive travel, our goal is always to surpass your expectations! Vale d'Oliveiras Quinta Resort & Spa is an elegant 5-star hotel and resort with 22 rooms, 2 suites and 80 townhouses. With an exceptional location, only 5 minutes from Carvoeiro and Ferragudo and close to some of the finest beaches and golf courses, Vale d'Oliveiras is a unique place to relax and discover the best of the Algarve! All rooms and townhouses are fully equipped with the highest quality fixtures and fittings and are designed to provide all the comfort you may need, whether you are on a leisure or business trip. The Monchique hills and Gramacho golf courses are the backdrop to this magnificent landscape. In addition, the resort has an abundance of stunning gardens carefully framed by the surrounding landscape. The traditional local architecture with Moorish influences provides a calm and tranquil environment. The hotel has a typical but striking interior courtyard complemented by Moorish arches and tiles designed by local artists. The low density construction integrates you fully into the landscape, making our townhouses the ideal choice for families with children or for long-term holidays. All have a typical Algarve chimney. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Vale d'Oliveiras Quinta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vale d`Oliveiras Quinta Resort And Spa
- Vale d`Oliveiras Quinta Hotel Carvoeiro
- Vale D'Oliveiras Quinta Resort & Spa Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve