“Soo Relaxing/Private”
Review of Monte Santo Resort

Monte Santo Resort
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Carvoeiro
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Simply blown away by the gardens, water features and of course a bit of nature in the mix.
Definitely a home from home with the space, right down to the necessaries from your kitchen!! Staff couldn't possibly do enough, explaining everything from local eateries to places to entertain our daughters. Cleaners cleaned every day. Wi-Fi available in our condominium. Any printing you want done then just email to reception and pick it up next day. Everyday a lovely smiling person greets you by the pool and for the token you give (which you receive on arrival with your key) entitles each person to a large clean bath towels for your lounger. Definately recommend for families and certainly an upper class of people which reflect in the price(Worth every penny). Will be back next year and the year after also. Enjoy!

Room Tip: I suppose upstairs you could leave all windows and patio doors open. BUT when on lower floor you gai...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank dhosford71
Monica R, Sales & Marketing Manager at Monte Santo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review and detiled information which are very helpfull for the readers of this platform.

Our team of staff here at Monte Santo strives to excel in excellent guest service and top quality accommodation and facilities. It is our utmost important goal to achieve total satisfaction form our guests, therefore the time you have dedicated in leaving your review here on Tripadvisor is of extreme value to us and we truly appreciate it.
I also noticed your comments about the friendliness and professionalism of our team members who were delighted to receive such kind words of praise.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again in June. Please rest assured that we will do our utmost to propose you, once again, with a very pleasant stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 14, 2014

How did this place get so many good reviews? It's filthy!
Seems like housekeepers couldn't care less. Stains everywhere!
The TV channels are very limited. 4 portuguese channels, CNN, RTL and a couple more. The TV image is so bad that you might think you were in the 20th century again.
On the bright side, the pool is huge and staff is very nice and helpful.
However, a place that's not properly cleaned can't get more than a 2 out of 5.
If it wasn't for the friendly staff, I would have rated it as horrible.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Inês O
Monica R, Sales & Marketing Manager at Monte Santo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments posted on this platform.
I have noticed that you were particularly impressed about the friendliness and professionalism of our team members who were delighted to receive such kind words of praise.

With regards to your feedback about the housekeeping and TV image, it was with great sadness that I found your comments on this service.
Certainly, this is not the experience that we want to provide to our valued clients. As you can find on previous and very positive comments on this platform, this is not the standard service that we normally provide. We regret even more not having had the opportunity to receive your comments during your stay as it would give us the opportunity to improve the cleaning and the TV image while still in the resort.
I sincerely apologise that we couldn’t deliver on your expectation and I have asked the Department heads concerned to look into improvement opportunities.

I sincerely hope that this experience will not deter you from giving us a second try on your next visit to Monte Santo.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed in a 2 bed townhouse for half term week at the end of May 2014 (2 adults, 6 year-old and 11 month-old).

The accommodation was very good quality and overall I would say the resort offers good value for those looking for a mix of hotel & self-catering experience. Our townhouse was one of the ones furthest from the club house - which meant it was pretty quiet during the day. It's a nice peaceful area (at least at end of May when we were there).

The accommodation was cleaned daily (give-or-take) and housekeeping were quick to respond to requests.

You can get wired internet connection in the townhouses (bring a cable - or pay for one there I think) but for some reason wifi is only available in the club house. Seeing as I was trying to escape work for a week, this suited me fine! TV channels are limited so I suggest you bring DVDs or similar for kids (there is a good DVD player in the house).

We were totally self-catered so can't comment on food. Also we didn't have much experience of the kids clubs & activities (we used the playground a couple of times and the pools, of course. Both of which were fine - pools very clean). Face-painting in the evenings went down very well with my son and the lady was so nice & was there a couple of times during the week. There are a handful of games in a games room (e.g. pinball, table football, etc) which he enjoyed too.

The location means - I think - that you need a car ... and its location actually makes a good base for exploring different parts of the Algarve, If that's what you're after. One plus point for my son was it's very near Slide & Splash water park! There is a decent supermarket (Intermarche Lagoa) 10 mins away. You can get inland (Monchique), west (Lagos etc) within c. 40 mins.

It doesn't get a 5/5 from me because some of the basics weren't done brilliantly: e.g. two spa sessions weren't correctly booked and the front desk weren't completely on their game (e.g. telling us that an activity wasn't running - only for us to discover it was later).

I would definitely recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: The townhouses face south or west, and so depending on when you like your sun, you might want to req...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank OxfordRichardPS

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Monte Santo. We are all delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found both the service and room to your satisfaction. Thank you for the feedback regarding the full equipped luxury Townhouse and evening entertainment that is very much appreciated especially by our youngest guests.

We are very disappointed to read that you were not happy with some of the services provided.
I have shared your comments with the Spa and Front office Manager so that we can look into improvement opportunities. Please apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.
We value guest feedback and I am grateful you have taken the time to share your comments on this platform.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Me and my girlfriend really enjoyed our time at the monte santo resort. The swimming pool and accommodation was set in a stunning setting within walking distance of the beach.

The food wax excellent with really friendly and helpful staff. Jacuzzi on the rooftops were an extra bonus.

Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank doffley
Monica R, Sales & Marketing Manager at Monte Santo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review.

I sincerely appreciate you have taken the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor following your comments posted on our website. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated all services provided.

Once again, thank you for posting your feedback and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to Monte Santo very soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed there last week booked 3 town houses for family.accommodation 1st class.breakfast good.lunches OK.entertainment for kids zero kids bored stiff.choice of food and quality for dinner definetly not 5star we ate out most evenings.good news is u can eat lunch instead of dinner in your half board deal.thank god

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Ian E

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time with us and that you found our resort accommodations very satisfying.
I feel sorry to discover that you were dissatisfied with our dinner choice and I have shared your comments with the Food & Beverage Manager so that we can look into improvement opportunities.
I also noticed your disappointment regarding our kids club.
We offer a daily activity program for children from 4 to 12 years monitored by a team of 3 members who speak fluent English.
In addition to the daily program, we have a colleague who comes to entertain our young guests in some of the evenings from 7pm to 10 pm that has been receiving excellent comments.
However, I have shared your comments with colleagues in order to improve some aspects.

I would appreciate if you could reach our front office manager directly so we can update your profile with your recent experience and assist making your future stay a memorable one.

I would like to sincerely thank you for your contribution, I do hope to have the possibility of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed here last year with my wife and young son. The hotel is of a very high standard and the rooms are excellent. The pool is a bit cold but we didn't mind as all of the other facilities in the hotel were amazing. The rooms are perfect for families as they are large and comfortable.

Would recommend for any families looking for a great relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Peter G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you have decided to returne to Monte Santo.

We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found all aspects of your stay very much to your loking.

We hope to welcome you back again to Monte Santo resort in the near future.

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Apartment and complex were amazing. Beautifully clean and spacious. Public areas very clean. Lovely pools, outside pool was cold so inside pool busy. Lunches ok but limited choice if you don't want sandwiches. Only ate here one evening after a long day at zoo marine (well worth a trip). The food for the adults was ok only 4 main courses to choose from. 2 pizzas which ended being steamed to keep hot and 2 pasta dishes one was excellent. Poor for children though, we had 2 boys aged 2 and 4 and were charged half adult price for both. So ended up paying 25 Euros for 1 slice of pizza a few bits of pasta and a bit of bread, no children's deserts but they did bring ice cream for the boys.
Overall excellent and would return just head into town for food.

Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank drsjclarke

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are all delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with is and found, resort facilities and accommodation of your satisfaction.

Zoomarine is indeed an excellent choice for a family day trip. A Theme and Water Park takes you on a journey of fun.

I feel sorry to discover that you were dissatisfied with our lunches and dinner choice and I have shared your comments with the Food & Beverage Manager so that we can look into improvement opportunities.
We regularly review the pricing to ensure that we are in line with the other resorts in the area. Whilst we will be more expensive than a fish & chips in Carvoeiro centre, I would have to say that the quality of the food is to a higher level and at an excellent standard.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Monte Santo resort in the near future.

Monica Ribeiro

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carvoeiro
Vale d'Oliveiras Quinta Resort & Spa
Vila Vita Parc Resort & Spa
EPIC SANA Algarve Hotel
EPIC SANA Algarve Hotel
#2 of 154 in Albufeira

Been to Monte Santo Resort? Share your experiences!