Monte Santo Resort
Monte Carvoeiro(Carvoeiro)
  • Beachfront
Tivoli Carvoeiro(Carvoeiro)
  • Pool
All reviewskids clubindoor pooljacuzzi bathsself cateringhigh standarddvd playerbed townhouseface paintingmain buildingwasher dryergolf buggyfree upgradeyoung childrenstar servicefamily holidayhigh chairfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Having just returned from an October half-term break, I have to say that this place is the best I have ever stayed in in Portugal. Our 2 x bed villa was immaculately decorated, with high-end appliances (Siemens and Krups in the kitchen). The layout is superb, the standard of service is amazing. Nothing is too much trouble. It's about a mile from Carvoeiro beach, but you can walk it down hill in 20 minutes. The pools are lovely and you can hire a cabana in the summer (free in October!) and just chill out. My wife went to the spa and said it was awesome. There is a playground for the kids and a tennis court, so plenty to do. I can not wait to go back.

1  Thank SirDickieHolland
Monica R, Sales & Marketing Manager at Monte Santo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your experience at Monte Santo Resort.

It gives me great pleasure to know that your stay with us has exceeded your expectations and that you found our service and facilities to be of high standards.

Our Monte Santo Spa was created to be a modern sanctuary of well-being and sensuality in perfect harmony. I'm glad to learn that you could enjoy a fantastic experience.

Once again, we are very grateful for your positive review in regards to your stay with us and hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I think that this was our fifth stay at Monte Santo and it just keeps on getting better and better. The apartments are upkept in a pristine condition and all of the facilities, including the cleaning and linens are excellent.

Our daily 'Happy Hour' prosecco was served by breezy bar staff, who welcomed us back later in the evening.

Our stays are getting lengthier with each trip! See you next year, guys.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of Monte Santo Resort.

I am firstly delighted to see that you have chosen to return to Monte Santo and it gives me great pleasure to know that we are your preferred hotel in the Algarve. Thank you for your preference.

I was so glad to read that you, once again, enjoyed your stay with us at Monte Santo Resort.
I was delighted to read that the brilliant service at the Club House Bar has left such a lasting impression with you.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband, daughter, son-in-law and grandchild stayed here for ten days recently and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Each party had a two bedroom townhouse which was ultra modern and fitted out to a very high standard. (It is as it appears on the virtual tour online). It was spotless throughout and cleaned daily and very family friendly. The standard of the facilities were second to none in our experience and the location was quiet and just a twenty minute walk to Carvoeiro itself. The staff were all very friendly and efficient and in particular Stephanie in the restaurant who was so helpful and couldn't do enough for us. Would certainly stay again.

MMCK Ireland

Room Tip: We stayed in 97 and 98 which were quiet and just a short distance from the clubhouse and exit to village.
1  Thank lynnerireland

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience with us at Monte Santo Resort.

I am grateful to learn that you had a wonderful stay and felt comfortable, having been very impressed with the townhouse and cleanliness of the accommodations.

I was very pleased to read your very kind words in regards to our friendly and helpful staff and particularly grateful for your very kind words in regards to Stephanie, that was thrilled with your kind compliments. I will share your kind comments with our team with great pleasure. Thank you so much!

We are very grateful for your positive review in regards to your stay with us and hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We recently visited the Monte Santo resort as a family of four. We stayed in one of their 2 bedroom apartments. As many of the previous reviewers have said and I will concur with all the positive comments relating to the accommodation and the complex - it is of a very high standard. The apartments have high end equipment, lovely bedding with bathrobes and fluffy towels which are freshened daily. The cleanliness of the apartment, clubhouse and general surrounding area is also of a very high standard. All in all a great place. If I'm going to be very picky, a welcome kitchen pack, ie dishwasher tabs etc may have been ideal.

The resort is a 15 min walk into the town, which again is as most say, has ample good restaurants and eateries. The town and resort was generally quite which we enjoyed. I think, if you are confident enough driving in Europe, that a car is very beneficial in this area as we did spend a fair amount on taxis and private transfers which would have been more cost effective to have hired a car.

All in all a great resort which I would have no qualms whatsoever to return and enjoy again.

1  Thank Donaldjmac
Monica R, Sales & Marketing Manager at Monte Santo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn about your fantastic experience at our resort and that you have fully enjoyed our facilities and services. Your comments and suggestions are extremely valuable to us and they motivate us to continue to improve our services and to create lifetime memories.

Thank you for your great comments.We hope that you travel plans bring you back again to Monte Santo in the near future.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed 29/8/13 - 5/9/13. Very good facilities, upgraded from apartment to townhouse. B and b only,
food more than adequate and good standard.
Staff were friendly and professional, the standard of cleaning high. Hotel 20 minutes from town, no problem as was nice walk but may be hilly for some.
Would stay again

Room Tip: Ask for townhouse upgrade, 8 houses surrounding own pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Monte Santo truly appreciates the time you have taken to write us a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent holiday spent with us! We are happy to learn that you have had a wonderful time at our Resort and we appreciate your kind words about our accommodations and facilities.

I was particularly grateful for your very kind words in regards to our friendly staff and housekeeping team for doing such an great job, which I will share with both teams with great pleasure.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards,