A very attractive resort, the apartment was modern, large and chic, with dishwasher, washing machine, free wifi, ipod doc, dvd player and a decent kitchen.
If you're going to self cater - bring a few dishwasher tablets. The kitchen was not that well stocked -there were no baking dishes so I could not use the oven but hob was good.
The bathrooms have good showers and baths too.
Only slight niggle was the constant sound of scraping of the chairs against the hard floors from neighbouring apartments. This could be very easily sorted out with some felt pads on the chair feet!
The resort itself has a nice restaurant. Breakfast was good with lots of choices and lunch was a nice selection of club sandwiches,pizzas and great french fries.
The ice cream freezer seemed to run low quite alot, but we bravely got through that trauma.
The pool area looks great, the supplied towels are deep and fluffy. Pool not too cold, and lots of activities were organised eg foam party, an inflatable water slide.
There are lots of games - pinball, air hockey, pool table, table football - each costs a euro which seems OK. There is also a tennis court - this is free to use but you have to pay for rackets and balls (we brought our own). It was hardly ever booked up which was great.
The resort is a bit isolated. There is a good restaurant 3 minutes walk away (The Crazy Chicken?). Apart from that you need a car to get around, or a taxi. If you want a taxi into Carvoeiro for the evening, then book it during the day or else you'll be waiting a while.
Carvoeiro didn't sweep us off our feet, a bit downbeat. But Vilamoura (40 mins away) is more attractive and has lots of nice restaurants. The nearby Slide and Splash aquapark was brilliant fun (take factor 50+ tho' as it's very exposed and no shade).
We had a super week and I recommend it. We would certainly go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monte Santo Resort in Carvoeiro, offers a range of modern and luxurious Suites, apartments and townhouses. Just 45 minutes from Faro airport, Monte Santo is situated on the hilltops over Carvoeiro, a historic fishing town.Whether you are looking for a relaxing Algarve holiday, a fun-filled family holiday, or a spa or golf weekend, Monte Santo will cater to your every need with 5 star luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Monte Santo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Santo Hotel Carvoeiro
- Monte Santo Resort Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve