We have just returned from our family holiday to Monte Santo (2 adults and 2 small children age 5 months and 3). We had a great time but would agree with some of the other reviews that not all of the facilities are of 5* standard.
Our accommodation was amazing! We stayed in a 2 bedroom townhouse. It had 2 large bedrooms both with en suite bathrooms. Our super king size bed was so comfy and both rooms had a tv. There was also a fab balcony from one of the rooms with a view of the sea. Downstairs it was an open plan living/dining/kitchen area with a lovely patio outside. Very well equipped kitchen. One down side to the equipment provided was that there was no clothes horse provided. 2 small kids generate a lot of washing and I ended up buying a clothes dryer at the supermarket (and I noticed others had done the same). It was a bit of a waste as it had to be left behind.
We had clean bath and pool towels provided every day. Breakfast was definitely not what you would expect from a 5* resort....it was very un imaginative and it never changed, it became quite monotonous after 10days! We ate in the restaurant a couple of times. The Saturday night family BBQ was excellent but at other times the 'regular' menu was boring and a bit overpriced. The main pool area was excellent as was our smaller pool outside our townhouse.
For families, we would definitely recommend a hire car. The resort itself is a bit out of town. You could walk downhill all the way into carvoeiro in about 20 minutes but would be uphill all the way home! There is also a lack of pavements so not good if you have wee ones. There is also no shops nearby for essentials and the supermarket is about a 5-10 minute drive away.
Overall we had a lovely, relaxing family holiday and I think Monte Santo caters for that kind of holiday well. There is nothing much happening at night but that suited us. We would consider returning next year....!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monte Santo Resort in Carvoeiro, offers a range of modern and luxurious Suites, apartments and townhouses. Just 45 minutes from Faro airport, Monte Santo is situated on the hilltops over Carvoeiro, a historic fishing town.Whether you are looking for a relaxing Algarve holiday, a fun-filled family holiday, or a spa or golf weekend, Monte Santo will cater to your every need with 5 star luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Monte Santo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Santo Hotel Carvoeiro
- Monte Santo Resort Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve