Six of us stayed here for three nights b&b playing three rounds of golf.We arrived About 1.00pm & after a quick check-in by the friendly girl at reception we were taken to our villa by the resort bus.The villa was great with three onsuite bedrooms,modern kitchen,large lounge with flat screen t.v,patio area & shared pool.
After a unpacking & hot shower we were picked up & taken to the Pinta course for our 2.30 tee-off,we hired trollys at 5euro each & made our 2 three-balls & stated our first round.The course itself was in pristine condition & a tough challange,lots of dog-legs,greens well bunkered & tricky par three's.The weather was hot & with some holes having long uphill walks between tee boxes,was a real effort on the legs,espiecialy coming off the 18th where there is a ten minute steep,uphill walk back to the clubhouse.We had couple cold beers to chill-out after our round before we were taken back to our villa.
We took the resort bus to Carvoeiro (10euro) & there is lots of restraunts & bars,some with live muisic.
Next morning we were taken to the Gramacho course which is where you get breakfast,self service with full English,cereals,fruit, yogurts,fruitjuices,toast,ham,cheese & tea,coffee.
The Gramacho course in my opinion is the best of the two courses & the more scenic,its not as tough as the Pinta but still a challange with hidden greens,water,trees & up-hill dog-legs.
We played the Pinta course again on our last day & we all agreed to get buggies,at 40 euros a bit pricey but it was far too hot to walk.
All in all this is a fantastic golf resort,with great friendly staff,great food & drink,& a great little town for your evening entertainment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This resort offers spacious apartments and villas with a balcony. It is situated just 2 km from Slide & Splash Water Park. It offers massage treatments and an outdoor pool with sun loungers. There is also Spa facilities (Indoor heated pool + sauna + steam room + jacuzzi). Guests can enjoy a round of golf at Gramacho and Vale de Pinta golf courses or a game of tennis on the court. A selection of regional and international dishes is served at the restaurant. Guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. The peaceful town of Lagoa is just 2 km away and the hotel is a 30-minute drive from Faro International Airport. Free private parking is available on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pestana Golf Resort Gramacho reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Golf Resort Gramacho Hotel Carvoeiro
- Pestana Golf Resort Gramacho Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve