We had a great time, from the big welcome on Christmas Eve until departure on the 27th. The buffet meals, particularly on Christmas Eve, the wine and the entertainment were excellent. We had booked whilst staying on the Algarve earlier in December and Claudia could not have been more helpful. We had previously stayed for one night in May on the 4th floor and decided we wanted to be on that floor again and were given a fantastic room, large, bright and sunny, with views to die for. I was reminiscent of being on a large cruiseliner as we had such a wonderful view of the sparkling sea under bright blue skies and welcome sunshine. The beds, pillows, large flatscreen TV and bathroom were all great, and the maid-service and cleaning could not be faulted. Weather was perfect throughout our stay, with temperatures around 18 or 19 in the daytime, and the sun shone non-stop. On Xmas Day there is a Charity Swim in the sea and we were amazed how many people participated, including my husband (although he did not have a Santa Claus outfit like a lot of them), followed by a swim in the heated swimming pool which felt like entering an oven after the chilly Atlantic waves. The hotel repeats this at New Year but unfortunately we had to return to the UK. All of the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and I'm sorry but cannot remember their names, other than Claudia on Reception who worked throughout the whole period we were there with a smiling face and nothing was too much trouble - she booked a hair appointment for me on Boxing Day and that was was excellent too..Thoroughly recommend this hotel, which is right on the beach, with such a sheltered swimming pool and sunny lounge and bar areas, all with fantastic views. Recommend sea view rooms to catch the morning sun and the evening sunset. We slept each night with the doors open onto the balcony and the sound of the waves crashing on the beach below ensured a perfect sleep. The sea front at Armacao de Pera offers a great walk with many pavement bars and cafes open throughout Christmas - our particular favourite was Fortaleza where we sat sipping a glass of chilled wine and watched the world go by whilst picking up a tan in the fantastic hot sunshine. We had a hire car and the journey to the airport took 45 minutes. Algarve Shopping at Guia is only a short drive away on the 125 and was open on Boxing Day. So much to do in the area for both young and old in the middle of winter. We will most definitely be back in 2013.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you want to relax in the sun, take leisurely strolls on the beach or are looking for something more active, the Holiday Inn Algarve, formerly known as Hotel Garbe, is the perfect choice. Commanding a prime beachfront position with stunning panoramic views over the bay of the Algarvean village of Armaçao de Pera, the hotel lies within strolling distance of shops, restaurants and entertainment. The holiday Inn Algarve is one of the best located Armaçao de Pera accommodations. It is also an excellent base from which to explore the Algarve, with regular bus services to nearby towns and villages. From almost every angle guests enjoy breathtaking ocean views of the sparkling Atlantic. Direct access from the hotel leads straight on to the magnificent sandy beach, one of the longest in the Algarve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Algarve - Armacao de Pera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Algarve Hotel
- Garbe Hotel Armação De Pera
- Holiday Inn Algarve - Armacao De Pera Portugal