“A lovely hotel and great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vila Gale Nautico

Vila Gale Nautico
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Armacao de Pera
UK
“A lovely hotel and great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I went on our very first All Inclusive Holiday and we where lucky I guess in finding such a fantastic place to stay. The food was just first class and never could we fault it. Drinks where included throughout our stay and again we found good quality wine beer and cocktails. The room was adequate comfortable and the bed equally so.
Staff where first class attentive and helpful they need acknowledgment as they go beyond the role they are paid to deliver. One day we where planning to drive to Lisbon and a member of the staff actually set up my Tom Tom to ensure I found a good long stay central car park which was very reasonably priced.
One sad note was Vera the entertainment officer informed us she was off for her 29th birthday and would be back the day after. Sadly we all learnt that she had died on her birthday. She was a lovely outgoing approachable young woman who worked hard and despite our short time with her remember her lovely bubbly nature.
I have no hesitation in recommending this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Sleep away from main road as coaches arrive early am leaving engines running
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gedbet
VilaGaleHoteis, Gerente geral at Vila Gale Nautico, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and comments about your experience in Vila Galé Náutico.

It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and let us express our gratitude by thanking you for sharing your positive thoughts with us, and also for our recent lost....

On my own behalf and on that of the Vila Galé Nautico Hotel team, we hope we have the honour of hosting you again in a near future.

Bruno Martins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Berkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just back from a weeks stay at the hotel and I must say we had a fantastic time. We were a group of 15 and everyone enjoyed themselves.
The hotel is a great place for a "Family Holiday" good clean rooms, good food with plenty of options (needs to kept hot though). The entertainment is good around the pool involving both adults and children. At night its ok but I haven't been to a family hotel anywhere abroad where it has been excellent. The swimming pool is great, the indoor pool was not for me but my youngest was in there quite often with her friends.
Staff were great at reception and the maids were everyday and done a good job.

If your looking for a luxury stay with your every need pampered for and Nouvelle Cuisine (like Deb C) then this place isn't for you. I am a seasoned traveller and haven't come across a hotel in the world where you can EXPECT to check in at 9:30am....... Deb C would be the first to complain if she had to vacate by 7am in the morning.
If however you are looking for a quality family hotel that does exactly what it says on the tin, then this is for you.

Reading some of the reports on here makes me think if I went to the same place, some people will moan about anything and blow it up out of all proportion. There are some things that i would like addressed but for around £600 - £700 per week including flights, you cant go wrong.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Magic-Pullman
Dear Guest,

It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and let us express our gratitude by thanking you for sharing your positive thoughts with us.

Your comments motivates us to continue our constant pursuit of service improvement and continue trying to exceed expectations.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We visited this hotel at the end of August, our party consisted of 4 adults and 2 children and we had a fabulous time. I am really surprised by the negative comments as we found the hotel remarkably clean at all times and our family room was very spacious, the food was of a high standard with plenty of choice and the staff very friendly and helpful. My children thought the pool area was fantastic and my son who is a footballer enjoyed the fun teams enthusiasm to get everyone involved in games of football on the sports pitch. As for the comment that the pool was too deep for a 7 year old, my child is 7 and I was happy for her to swim without armbands as it is my job as a parent to watch her in the pool at all times. The only complaint I have is that the pool side was very slippy but the manager is making changes to this in the Winter and if you want an early night don't get a room above the evening entertainment as the live music can still be heard from these rooms . The fact that you are not allowed to save your sun-beds has to be a bonus as it stops people getting up at the crack of dawn and reserving all the beds. To be honest there were plenty sun-beds anyway. Would definitely visit again!

Dear Guest,

It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and let us express our gratitude by thanking you for sharing your positive thoughts about the friendly and efficient staff, cleanliness and hotel facilities.

Regarding the slippery floor at the pool, they will be our first priority next year.

Your comments are an important tool and only help us to continue our constant pursuit of service improvement and continue trying to exceed expectations.

Falkirk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Enjoyed two weeks here, had a great time, great food, facilities, friendly staff. We felt very welcome and would choose to holiday at this hotel in the future. The hotel was very clean and the staff worked very hard and were always on hand if you needed any assistance. A truly relaxing holiday made better by everyone at the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Dougiemcd
Dear Guest,

It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and let us express our gratitude by thanking you for sharing your positive thoughts about the friendly and efficient staff, hotel facilities and cleanliness.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

With reference to some of these reviews we had a perfectly lovely stay at the villa gale nautica,I honestly believe these negative people just like a good moan about trivial matters,we were a family of 6 4adults and 2children and we found the food so good there wasn't any need to eat out and I am not talking Chinese or Indian restaurants there looked to be lovely restaurants in the old part typically portugues.we have been to lots of 4&5star hotel in the past and can honestly say considering the amount of people in this hotel in summer holidays we thought they done a fantastic job in the restaurant and we liked the way they cleared your dirty plates sooner rather than later ,and we personally found the food much better than Louis family resort in Corfu!!!!!!just proves my point what exactly are these people wanting as there food pizza&chips !!!!!???congratulations to the manager he is doing a great job and is value for money.

Room Tip: Choose high floor ,we had room 522 -and it on its with no one either side it was bliss!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Campbell1250
VilaGaleHoteis, Gerente geral at Vila Gale Nautico, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and let us express our gratitude by thanking you for sharing your positive thoughts about the friendly and efficient staff and food.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

stayed here for 11 nights on 19th august 2 adults and 2 children 6 and 12, never again ,arrived at 9.30 and no room ready till 2.30 and suitcases were left in an unlocked corridor, not good when you have been up since 1.0clock in the morning and all you want to do is unpack and relax . I have been to many all inclusive hotels 3 and 4 star and this is by far the worst, the food is appaulling bland its all for the Spanish, we spoke to many English folk and it was an issue with them all dreading seeing what was on offer each night, scabby bits of meat or fish bones, my son had beef one night and I couldn't cut it it was that tough, there is no kids buffet, my kids lived off chips cucumber and tomato, the food in the pool bar was better. we ate out three times and I feel you shouldn't have to do that in all inclusive,
many times on a morning there were no fried eggs pancakes or hot water at the opening time of 7.30.
the pool was far to deep for children my 7 year old who can swim well had to have arm bands on to be safe, and the kids pool is tiny, the sunbeds were an issue bit petty if you put a towel out then went for breakfast and came back it was gone, just show not enough beds for every guest.
the room was ok but on the fouth day I had to ring down to reception as it had not been cleaned and the same had happened to a couple sitting next to us.
the toilets in the bar are are appauling very smelly and the bin was always over flowing and on many occasions no toilet roll.
in the gym there should be a rule no kids allowed as it was becoming very dangerous as the kids were going in soaking wet from the pool and playing on the equipment which was making it slippery for serious gym fanatics.
the entertainment is a big issue dreadful and not enough seats for the guest but lets face it you only got ate to death by the mozzies so not many ventured out you had to be brave.
this is the first time ive left a report on trip advisor as its the first time ive been left so disappointed in my books this hotel rates 2/3 star at the most. sorry Bruno.

1 Thank deb c
Dear Guest,

It was with big disappointment that we read your review. For two main reasons: First, and the main reason, because of some details of our service that we could and should do much better. The fact you had to call reception about your room cleaning and to experience the smell of wc and full bins is reason enough to not to be satisfied with ourselves.

The second reason of being disappointed is the unfairness about some observations:

Check-In: The check ins are officially after 2 p.m.. It is comum. Despite the fact that your room was given at 2:30 p.m., you where informed on arrival that you could use the facilities that we have available to change yourselves and use the bar/ restaurante and pools. It is also a fact that we have plenty of guests that have their room ready much before that. We really try to do our best to give the rooms as soon as possible.

Food: Well, what can I say, is that british guests are our first nationality in this hotel and all menus are made to satisfy all nationalities and try to reach every needs and tastes of all our guests. The general feedback of all our guests have been very positive after we have done some changes during the summer. We never had lack of food in breakfast. If for some reason you go early and before most guests you have a cook available to do whatever you you want.
Despite I don´t agree with the general observations, I have to agree (as with other guests) that we can and will improve the kids menu. We are studying to put a kids corner next year in the restaurant. About the quality, the reviews of other guests talk from themselves.

Gym: The rules are in the entrance and sometimes we advise people not to use the equipments without proper shoes and age. At the moment we cannot have a person on site during all day controlling the gym, but we are studying the possibility to limit access with the room key.

Towels: It was a personal decision to ensure that the towels policy is respected as it is written in the information board in the outdoor pool, and in a letter that we leave in bedrooms. We cannot guess if people go to take breakfast, go to the beach, go to do some exercise, do excursions, go to a water park, etc.... We are not here to make your holidays miserable but exactly the opposite. What all our staff try to do is to provide the best holidays possible and try to do their job. We know by experience, that if everyone at the hotel uses the sunbeds as it use the pool, there is space for everyone.

Pool: We are studying the possibility to reduce the pool deepness. Let´s see....

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Went for small honeymoon, we were one of the few people there without kids but this did not affect our enjoyment of the holiday. Hotel was really busy and we sat in the bar area for quite a few nights as could not get seated outside where the entertainment was however the last couple of nights we decided to bring our own seats up from the pool bar and really enjoyed the entertainment, they could definitely benefit from putting more seats out at night especially since there is nothing on in the bar area and it is just filled with families playing cards, they could maybe also arrange some light background music or something in the bar to create an atmosphere for the people who have to sit inside.
The pool was really busy during the day and I think this is because the beaches were so busy that most people just went to the pool area, the reserved lounger thing was bad however I still managed to get at least one most days. They did seem to bring out more by the end of our stay so it did improve slightly.
I can not fault any of the hotel staff they were all so nice and helpful especially the reception staff who went out of their way to go that extra mile for guests.
As per all other reviews we were eaten alive by mosquitos, home for 1 week and still trying to get rid of the bites but I don’t believe you can blame the hotel for this.
Was a bit disappointed with Amarco De Pera itself did not think there was much going on and had a bad experience when we went out for a meal but the hotel was so good and the food was really good that I was happy to spend the majority of my 11 days in the hotel.
Would definitely recommend this hotel for families and would return in the future.

Room Tip: we paid extra for a pool room but if you have a young family i would advise against this as entertai...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and let us express our gratitude by thanking you for sharing your positive thoughts, especially about the friendly and efficient staff.

We have taken in consideration your review (and from other guests), and we are already working for big improvements in entertainment for 2014 (seats outside, lights, program, atmosphere, more staff).

That´s why your comments are an important tool and only help us to continue our constant pursuit of service improvement and continue trying to exceed expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Armacao de Pera
Holiday Inn Algarve - Armacao de Pera
Holiday Inn Algarve - Armacao de...
#2 of 10 in Armacao de Pera
Vila Gale Lagos
#6 of 51 in Lagos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,261 reviews
Blue & Green Vilalara Thalassa Resort

Been to Vila Gale Nautico? Share your experiences!