“Great food”
Review of Falesia Restaurant

Falesia Restaurant
Ranked #234 of 915 Restaurants in Albufeira
Description: If you want to spend your holidays in the pool and perfect your tan on those long sunny days, try our light à la carte meals, snacks, fruit juices and special children’s menus. For dinner, those who appreciate genuine Italian flavours will find a perfect mix of ingredients and a special touch of condiments that brings out the best in this popular cuisine.
Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

Staying at the hotel and decided to book in for a meal (you need to book as we showed up the previous night and couldn’t get a booking). I had the steak and my partner had the truffle pasta, both meals were amazing. The staff were very friendly and we had a wonderful evening. I would definitely be happy to recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank IrishBoy82

Reviewed April 24, 2018

The hotel has moved the Basilico from the room at the end of the hotel restaurant which I thought was good into the daytime pool bar. The waitress said so the guests could look out over the pool and ocean but if going for dinner, it's dark outside anyway so you can't see outside.
Italian sharing platter starter was very nice indeed with balsamic vinegar. Wife ordered beef medallions which were served very differently than last year. Now bigger portions of meat which despite asking to be well done were pink in the middle which she does not like. I had lamb chops which were very nice but they strip all the fat off the bone which if thoroughly cooked is often the tastiest part of the chop. The meat was really tasty though the stir fried beans and pulses served with it were fairly tasteless.
Lacks a bit of atmosphere - could do with some music or piano in there for dinner.

Food is good, service is good so give it a try but it's the most we paid all week (we were B&B) but probably the most disappointing meal.

Reviewed April 11, 2018

Ate here twice whilst staying at the PortoBay Falesia of which Il Basilico is located in the grounds, adjacent to the pool.

The building is a complete contrast to the hotel, being timber roofed, smaller and cosier. It has a nice, relaxed atmosphere and the mood is set by the pianist and saxophonist that play short sets on alternate nights apart from Sunday when there is no music.

The menu is Italian themed with a good selection of antipasti, soups, mains, pizza and pasta dishes. The wine list is not huge but the selections we went for were very good and reasonably priced.

The food likewise is of good quality and the portions are generous. The antipasti boards are excellent (they do a seafood one and a meat/cheese one) and the mains well presented and tasty. My only disappointment was the huge Calzone pizza I chose on the first visit. I struggled though 2/3rds of it and to be honest it had too many ingredients containing as it did chicken and salami as well as mozzarella and gorgonzola cheese and was accompanied by a similarly sized lettuce and tomato salad that wasn't really needed. However on my second visit the veal ravioli with truffle sauce was sublime and both of my wife's mains were excellent.

The service is immaculate and best of all as we were on half board at the hotel we received a 15 Euro per person discount.

Certainly worth dining here. Recommended.

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Having stopped at this hotel several times and loving the quality of food within its Restaurants, this year we have ‘self catered’ and visited the Portobay several times and eaten in the Brasilico

The food and service is just as good as a couple of years ago, the menu has changed a little and some may say restrictive. I have always found things I enjoy and cooked to perfection.

Well done to all the staff in upholding standards over the years.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

Tasty food from a fairly comprehensive menu. Great service. Was served in the Falesia bar, which is a very pleasant space.