“A gem amongst rocks”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stumbled onto this lovely looking restaurant and took a seat on the balcony upstairs.staff were friendly, great atmosphere and being a complete foody, i have to say excellent food. The steak and shrip was perfect. Will be returning for sure

3  Thank Gary D

Reviewed July 7, 2014

It is two years since we were last here and it was great to find out teh food, service and value were as good as we remembered. We had fillett steak on the stone. Whilst it was obviosly well cooked by yours truly, it was as good a piece of steak as i have had. We will be back next time

3  Thank rhm1965
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Staff very nice and food was good, well priced.
Would come back, very pleased with everything, free wifi was a good aspect as well. 4*

2  Thank Mbondd
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Staff very pleasant. Menu quite diverse offering lots of fresh fish dishes. Food and wine reasonably priced. We only ordered mains, but very generous portions. Grilled sea bass served with potato gratin in bechamel sauce, sea bass good, but potatoes lukewarm and a little dry. Served with fresh veg which was tasty. Shellfish Bailote special (a type of fish soup served with wild rice) was tasty with lots of fresh fish and shellfish! Would recommend!

3  Thank Laura M
Reviewed July 1, 2014

During our holiday we live in Lagos but today we went to ZooMarine which is poor compare to another I saw before. Anyway after our "attraction" we have been very very hungry and I had prepared name of restaurant where I wished to eat there. When we arrived to Os Arcos Restaurant we got information in not nice way that they didn't serve launch ( it was about 4:oo p.m ) It is ok but for me it was more dinner time than launch :) but ma'am could be try to do it in kind way.
So we had some problem because we been hungry bur hunger is not good adviser. We make tour around place we arrived and we made decision to eat at Bailote. Everything was poor start from service, dishes and for the end coffee !!!!! If you think about this restaurant you can try but it is not worth. I asked starter where was bread and butter and olive and pate. They do not have fresh bread and offer me something from one day before butter was not home made but packed in pvc cup and same pate - terrible. When I asked for oil of olives they demand from me to order main dishes :). I did and I took Chicken piri piri. It was again poor !!!!!!! My son asked them to prepare margerita pizza and they displayed around they have pizza home made. they disappointed me again it was like pizza from fridge of grocery shop :). My wife ordered fish soup which was like goulash not fish soup and Mussels in Algarve style and it is bad news for them because it was again bad. I am so sorry because I love to eat good meal but here it is not possible. Around you can find a lot of restaurant and it is not easy to make decision where you can eat good dish but try to get any connect to internet and pay money for transfer roaming and check in Trip advisor before you sit in wrong restaurant. Yesterday I had chance to eat in one of best restaurant I ate before in Lagos Restaurant Dos Artistas ( much much much more expensive ) but 100 times better and service perfect. If you have special occasion go there and try their quality It was delicious !!!!!! and service take you to new world where you are Lord and everyone take care of you. if you want be sure there will be table for you probably it could be good to make reservation I speak about Dos Artistas :)
NO NO NO for Bailote poor poor poor dinner.