“Highly recommend”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I would highly recommend this restaurant. The fillet steak in shrimp sauce was certainly the best steak I've had in a while. Cooked just as I asked. Service was excellent too. We returned the next day for lunch which again was good and were going again for our final meal before returning home.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Janine M

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable restaurant for a holiday meal”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Saw a recommendation for Bailote while staying 8n the area so walked into Albufeira and tried lunch there.

Enjoyed the Portuguese version of fish and chips - that is with no batter on the fish unlike the British favourite that I'm more familiar with - and followed up with some very indulgent crepes.

Friendly service, under cover outdoor seating, which suited us, and looked like plenty more space inside.

I'd be happy to go again.

• Visited April 2014
Stoke on Trent
“well worth a visit”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Ate here recently.did not know anything about the restaurant so went in on initial impressions of the "look of the place" and seemingly friendly staff -not too pushy !
Had an excellent steak "portuguese style" Really good dining experience with little extras like chef`s complimentary starter and a port to finish off the evening. Special thanks to Nelson and Tony who looked after us superbly throughout the evening.

1 Thank fitz68
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Beautiful chateaubriand”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband and I visited this restaurant on Friday 14th March. The lady outside was so lovely and we felt sorry for her having to stand outside in the cold, she was freezing. We ordered garlic bread to start with and it was ok nothing great, I've had much nicer. For mains we had the chateaubriand between us. So our plates were brought out with veg and potato gratin on them and then the chateaubriand was brought out separately on a board. The waiter proceeded to cut it in half and then sliced each half which was very impressive. By the time we started to eat our meal it was stone cold as our plates had been brought out cold to start with ( my pet hate ). I ate a bit but then had to ask for it to be heated up which was a bit disappointing. I have to say the steak was beautiful but the cold plate spoiled it and I mean freezing cold otherwise I would have given it five stars. Mentioned it to the lady outside as we were leaving and she said they were trying to find a way of heating the plates, don't really know what she meant by that!!!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“So good, we visited several times!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We visited Bailote on our second day in Albufeira & fell in love with the place. The restaurant is just off tunnel road in the heart of the Old Town, there's plenty of seating both indoors & outdoors. The menu had something for everyone, child-friendly & even the fussiest of eaters would be able to find something! The decor is beautiful, definitely worth a visit for that special occasion. There is also free wifi available, just ask the waiter for the password.

For lunch we ordered smoked salmon & cream cheese baguette, hamburger, orange juice & a beer, the bill totalled €13 which was very reasonable. Later that evening we returned again to a warm welcome from the waiters & free canapes! For mains we had butterfly chicken in mushroom sauce & cod bacalao (baked & served on a bed of peppers & onions) with a side of new potatoes. It was delicious, possibly one of the best meals I have ever had, cooked to perfection the cod just melted in your mouth & the flavours were great on the palette.

Highly recommend Restaurant Bailote if you are visiting Albufeira.

1 Thank Hannah J