“Mixed Quality breakfast”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Mixed Quality breakfast”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Was tempted in for their all English breakfast which sounded just perfect on a nice Sunday morning however was a bit let down when it arrived to find that the sausages were the horrible squidgy german style - other than that the rest was OK - I would recommend the Irish Harp bar next door if you want a serious breakfast + it is the real deal

• Visited June 2013
albufeira28, Manager at Restaurante Bailote, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Mr./Mrs.,

Thank you very much for your feedback on Tripadvisor. We took your comment very serious and are now trying to get the ´real´ english sausages so our English breakfast will be more compleet and better. I hope one day you will come and try them.

Thank you. Kind regards,

Bailote

Belfast, United Kingdom
“overpriced and bad food”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The place looks impressive, so we ate here the first night. what a mistake. the food was very overpriced and not very good.

I order the duck breast in port sauce for the starter. I had thought it would be a duck breast, juicy and sliced sitting on a bed of port gravy. I was very wrong. When it arrived there were 4 thin hard and dry slices with a drizzle of sauce reduction. The duck was so pale dry and tasteless I actually has to double check that this wasn't someone elses as it more more resembling of overcooked pork chop. The waiter was a bit rude about it like I was stupid or something

I ordered 'leg of lamb' for the main. it was lamb shank. was OK, but definitely not what I expected for leg of lamb. And came with mashed potato with raisins in it! very bizarre combination which just didn't work

my husband order the fish soup. it was tiny bits of minced fish. it felt like this was the off cuts from other dished, thrown together in a soup. He had the steak for main, which he said was just average. we also ordered 1 coke, and 2 large beers.

Total price was just short of €80. This to me feels like an overambitious and inexperienced chef. All of the plates 'looked the part' but none measured up in taste. disappointing.

• Visited May 2013
albufeira28, Manager at Restaurante Bailote, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Mr./Mrs.,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor I am really sorry to hear that you did not like our food and that you found the price to high. I wished that you told me on the moment so I could have solved the problem.

I am really sorry that the duck was not prepared the way your expected it, I just want to mention that on the menu is written duck and not duckbreast. But ofcourse I respect if it is not your taste it is just a shame that you didn´t told me (manager) and I would solve the problem straight away, I could have suggested something else.
The leg of lamb is one of the dishes that we sell the most and a dish were are people coming back for. But maybe yours was not nicely cooked or prepared, I am really sorry to hear that and I wished you would have enjoyed it.

I just have to mention is that the price of 80€ is just not correct not if this is what you have been eating and drinking.

Fishsoup: 3.50€, Duck: 9.50€, Argentinian Fillet steak: 19.50€, Leg of Lamb: 15.00€, Large beer: 3.95€ Large Beer:3.95€, Large Cola: 3.50 Is a total of 58.95€
Maybe you had some desserts and coffees as well?

Again I am really sorry to read your review because this is not the way we would like our guests to leave. We work everyday very hard to serve our guests with joy and good food.
Regards,
Bailote Management
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good food and great service”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Recently visited this restuarant while on holiday and received great service. As a result we went back a second time !, good menu and good value...would recommend...u

• Visited June 2013
Zielona Gora, Poland
“A perefct harmony of heavenly taste and special atmosphere. MUST VISIT!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

By midnight we were urgently looking for a good pizza to take away and just found Bailote. The 'doorman' successfully convinced us to enter the Restaurant and wait for the pizza inside. He was kind, matter-of-fact man. Bailote was quite stylish inside and the nice atmosphere was gracing by the candles. Cakes caught me. Due to that we decided to visit them again next day. The pizza was just OK. Nothing so special. Next day we reached the Restaurant for a lunch. Up from this moment we visted Bailotte every single day, sometimes even 3 times per day. Every time we were surprised pleasantly by the special taste of all those dishes and the good service. We could especially recomend: the curry chicken, the pasta and all kind of sea food (even if sometimes we had a problem how to eat them that was in fact funny...). We would like to emphesize that being in Albufeira, you just HAVE to visit Bailote due to the magical atmoshere there. Every client is served in a special way by the professional staff. The nice lady has so positive energy that is spread all around. Bailote - a perefct harmony of heavenly taste and special atmosphere. We are sure if you reach them, you will be back there again... The restaurant is written down in the best of our memories from Albufeira. Thanks!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MargosiaPL
Near Nottingham
“Great restaurant with fantastic service”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We ate here with our two young children and were made to feel extremely welcome from the start by all the staff.

The menu had plenty of choice and hubby went for the steak on a hot stone which was a culinary experience ! I had the swordfish was delicious and our children went for lasagne off the main menu and then fish fingers from the childrens options.

Our daughter accidentally knocked over her glass and it smashed and within seconds it was being cleared away by one waiter whilst another waiter made her a little sailing boat from a cork and cocktail accessories. Another waitress then bought her some little chocolate biscuits to cheer her up as she was upset about breaking the glass.

The restaurant had a regular flow of diners whilst we were there just a shame that we only ate there on our last night !

• Visited May 2013