“Lovely spot and great food”

Restaurant Casa Del Mar
Ranked #79 of 779 Restaurants in Albufeira
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oxfordshire
“Lovely spot and great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Came here for lunch - we sat on the upstairs terrace overlooking the sea. We only wanted something light otherwise we would have been tempted with some of the fabulous fresh fish on offer. I had a cesar salad and hubby had a fresh salmon salad both equally good - service good recomend

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank AllypallyOxfordshire

• Polish first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“really good fish restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

I visited here with 2 friends as we love fish dishes. 2 of us had the mixed fish kebabs which were the largest we had ever seen and included prawn, squid, tuna, salmon, monkfish and another one I cannot remember. We chose this as we couldn't make up our mind which fish to have so the mixed kebab solved this dilemma for us. My other friend had sole which the staff expertly boned for her at the table. All these dishes came with roasted Algarvian potatoes and salad.
There is a large choice of fresh fish and also starters although we felt we didn't need a starter - we wouldn't have had any room to finish our main courses if we had had a starter!. Although the serve mostly fresh local fish, they also do serve Argentinian steaks.
The service was fantastic and the food was fab.
Prices are a little more than some restaurants but the portion size and quality makes it worth every penny.
The terrace overlooks Albufeira beach and the sunset on the evening we went was also beautiful.
The restaurant is easy to find as it is above the Albufeira beach tunnel and next door to Sol E Mar hotel. in July/August it might be advisable to book a table . Tel no 00 351 - 289 515 246

• Visited July 2014
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“two great meals!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

great fish choice--lobster unreal!!! 2 great meals, great views and staff were good with my 2 young sons!!

Visited July 2014
Paisley, United Kingdom
“WHAT A FANTASTIC PLACE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

Have just returned from Albufeira where we had two fantastic evening meals in the Casa del Mar Restaurante. Our waitress told us that the restaurant had only been opened for one month. Oh my goodness we could not believe it we thought it was well established.

The Restaurant is right beside the entrance to the reception of the Hotel Sol e Mar and can be reached from the street via the steps on both sides of the tunnel to the beach.

The seafood (no menu the chef/waiters explain everything to you in detail) was so fresh and cooked to perfection (even writing this I can taste my lobster). The restaurant also does a restricted meat menu and the pork chops and steaks looked lovely.

The restaurant was busy but we were shown to a great table right at the window therefore the view over the beach and out to sea was amazing and romantic. We were lucky to get in and if you like to eat around 8.00 - 9.00 p.m. I would advise you book a table. We arrived at 9.00 p.m. which is our normal time to have dinner when we are on holiday.

The service was first class and the wine was excellently priced for all tastes and types. The place is beautifully furnished and has a Bar above the Restaurant which also has stunning views (we went there at lunchtime for a snack which was also excellent).

I cannot say enough about this place I wish I could have brought the whole place home with me so that I could visit on a weekly basis.

Hope the restaurant becomes successful the staff and owners certainly deserve it they have a lovely fantastic place.

We will be back next year.

• Visited June 2014