Amazing hotel in a small fishing village - about a ten minute drive from the main centre of Albufeira.
Not many English people at hotel and not many england footie shirts. which is what we wanted.
The surrounding area - have other nice hotels. The RIU hotel being nearby. But the actual village, a five minute walk, where the restaurants are is a bit run down but okay. Fratellis' pizza restaurant at the bottom of the hill is great and reasonable.
The pool is fantastic. Plenty of sunloungers to go around. Also there are a few oversize bean bags lying on the grass behind the pool that can be used to lounge around on. make great pillows for some afternoon chillin'!
pool cleaned everyday.
Snack bar great - a bit expensive - but you get what you pay for. lovely to sit in our outside.
Staff very helpful.
The rooms were very clean buy i found the bed uncomfortable. Shower nice. Bathrooms have soaps and shampoos for guests to use.
There is a small tabby cat that hangs around the pool area. friendly. he doesn't belong to the hotel though.
Internet a bit expensive. .20 euros for a minute. 1 euro for five minutes. this for the standard of the hotel should be complimentary.
The indoor spa and hot tub is nice but if you want to use the steam room and sauna you have to pay. this again, i feel should be included in price of a hotel stay.
Breakfast was lovely. sausage, bacon, eggs, toast, cereal, fruit. good selection of food.
if you wanted to eat at night but wasn't half board you had to pay 22 euros. this i felt to be expensive.
the steps weren't too bad a walk down to the beach - nice big steps.
6.50 euros to rent two sunbeds for half and day or 15 euros for the whole day.
if you want a nice quiet holiday with no football hooligans than i recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel stands overlooking Praia da Falesia in the charming town of Olhos de Agua, close to Albufeira in the Algarve. Surrounded by abundant green areas, the hotel enjoys direct access to the sea and the exceptional 8km long beach which is washed by the clear, calm waters of the Algarve sea. After a refreshing drink at the waters edge, a reviving plunge in one of the pools, a trip to the beach, a game of tennis or an invigorating massage, sit back and enjoy one of the Algarves most beautiful views from one of the hotel's restaurants. Make the most of your holidays to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your PortoBay Falesia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bay Falesia Albufeira
- PortoBay Falesia Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve