Arrived at the hotel on New Years Eve for a week's holiday. Greeted by friendly and helpful reception staff who informed us our table had been booked for the New Years Eve Gala Dinner. Our room overlooked the pool with a sea view and was very clean and comfortable. The Gala Dinner and entertainment afterwards was excellent - good choice of well cooked food, glasses constantly topped up with local red or white wine and the atmsophere was fantastic. The entertainment afterwards by a Brazilian Dance Troupe and a two piece band filled the dance floor and welcomed in the New Year. Champagne was delivered and everyone danced and enjoyed themselves into the early hours.
New Years Day Brunch was also excellent and we once again had champagne and sat outside enjoying the lovely views from the restaurant and the pleasant sun. We could not fault the food and service we received during our stay and the rooms were comfortable, clean and relaxing.
The hotel is located on the top of the cliffs and offers beautiful views, there is a beach located at the bottom of the steps from the hotel and if you turn to the right and walk along the beach you reach the small village of Olhos. There was a few small shops and bars open but most of the village was closed, however found a lovely little cafe bar and bakery which served excellent coffee and cakes - nice to just sit and relax before walking back up the hill to the hotel.
The hotel started to empty quite quickly and we were informed the day we left that the hotel was closing down for 6 weeks for renovations ready for the next season. All the staff were so helpful and really seemed to go out of their way to give good servicel. The hotel really does deserve its 4 star status and we would have no reservations about returning here to once again enjoy a luxurious and relaxing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel stands overlooking Praia da Falesia in the charming town of Olhos de Agua, close to Albufeira in the Algarve. Surrounded by abundant green areas, the hotel enjoys direct access to the sea and the exceptional 8km long beach which is washed by the clear, calm waters of the Algarve sea. After a refreshing drink at the waters edge, a reviving plunge in one of the pools, a trip to the beach, a game of tennis or an invigorating massage, sit back and enjoy one of the Algarves most beautiful views from one of the hotel's restaurants. Make the most of your holidays to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your PortoBay Falesia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bay Falesia Albufeira
- PortoBay Falesia Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve