Just back from 4 nights at the Porto Bay, what a beautifull location ! It overlooks near deserted beaches & stunning ochre cliffs. Everything in the room was really nice, from the strong shower to ultra comfortable beds. Never had such friendly maids, the room was cleaned to a high standard & soft white towells were replenished every day. We had a full seaview which was glorious. There are over 100 staps down to the deserted beach but these shouldnt be a problem for anyone with just 'reasonable' fitness. I can thoroughly recommend a walk along the beach to Vilamora for anyone with a little more ambition - its probably about 4 miles and takes about an hour to 90 minutes depending on pace. (you can get a bus back from Vilamora)
We visited towards the end of November, so its a valid point to say there is a distinct lack of local bars/restaurants that are open so i dont think this hotel would suit anyone who cant simply lay back & chill out. Having said that, the hotel had some kind of entertainment at night but i cant comment on the quality of it. The real piece de resistance of this hotel is the breakfasts! - Theres simply everything you can think of from sparkling wine & strawberries to fried eggs & pancakes, not forgetting what i found to be beautifull prunes (if you like that sort of thing).
Any negatives ? Well if i had to pick one, maybe the drinks were a little pricey especially the ones in the room minibar, but we didnt let this become a problem, we simply bought wine from the local supermarkets & used the minibar to keep it cool :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel stands overlooking Praia da Falesia in the charming town of Olhos de Agua, close to Albufeira in the Algarve. Surrounded by abundant green areas, the hotel enjoys direct access to the sea and the exceptional 8km long beach which is washed by the clear, calm waters of the Algarve sea. After a refreshing drink at the waters edge, a reviving plunge in one of the pools, a trip to the beach, a game of tennis or an invigorating massage, sit back and enjoy one of the Algarves most beautiful views from one of the hotel's restaurants. Make the most of your holidays to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your PortoBay Falesia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bay Falesia Albufeira
- PortoBay Falesia Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve