I have just returned from this hotel (and I mean within a couple of hours of landing) and I am writing a realistic report.
I booked this hotel for a 4 night break for myself and my friend we go once a year on a treat and this year it was Portugal, having read mixed reviews on here I thought that it sounded a little hit and miss so here goes with my views on this hotel:-
Room was clean and comfortable with plenty of room, fresh towels, clean bed linen and a lovely well equipped apartment.
It had a kitchen and a bathroom which was really nice for two ladies getting ready of an evening two basins and two mirrors (bliss) it was spotlessly clean.
The bedroom was large enough for us to share without tripping over each other and the living room was lovely, air con worked well and the balcony overlooked the pool which is a bonus.
The hotel lobby furniture looked a little tired but hey thats being picky now even by my standards.
It had a great pool indoor and out, a jacuzzi (we could not get it to work but not bothered) a poolside bar with friendly staff plenty to keep you happy crazy golf etc tennis.
There is a well equipped gym, massage parlour, hairdressers etc
The restaurant has a great view and you are waited on for your breakfast, our beans were a little cold on the english breakfast so we only had them once but it was very nice, coffee, toast, croissants and jams, yogurts, cheeses, ham fresh fruit in abundance. Friendly pleasant waiter who did not hurry us out, the view from this restaurant is awesome with the atlantic in the far distance.
As I had read that this hotel was remote I need not have worried it has its own shuttle bus which takes you into Albufeira daily (not sunday we all need a rest on sundays) however two sharing a taxi fare of 4 euros cant complain. The bus driver is friendly and helpful.
Albufeira is awesome (see my review on the restaurant for an even better experience of delicious food with lovely staff and a view of the ocean).
What we paid was cheap as chips we would have paid far more for a show in London with accommodation.
The cleaner came every day, the TV was fine aircon worked well, and I cant really fault it!
I can honestly say that I did not smell sewerage, and it was well cleaned (and I am well picky).
Well done to all the staff who made phone calls for me to the transfers company and for any information we needed.
To the Waiter in the Panoramico Restaurant for being polite and efficient and not hurrying us even though we were the only two remaining in there.
The sunbeds are good as well not cheapy plastic things either.
Would I go back the answer is YES I would.
I am always honest in my reviews and I have done a fair few on here so I hope this helps you decide.
Restaurant Review is:- Cais Velho, Albufeira
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balaia Atlantico is a natural oasis surrounded by the unique beauty and contrasts of the Algarve countryside, among the over 5 km of sandy beaches and crystal clear waters. License No. 849 The use of some services such as Fitness Centre, Games Camps has an additional cost. The use of swimming cap in the indoor pool is mandatory. Customers can buy caps at € 4.50 / each at the front desk. For reservations with Breakfast, Half Board, Full Board and All Inclusive, guests should inform any special dietary needs or allergies before arrival. For groups of young guests and/or stag/hen parties, a security deposit of EUR 250 per person will be requested, in cash or by charging the amount on a valid credit or debit card at the time of check-in. If the guest refuses to pay this security deposit, the entrance in the property will be denied. This security deposit will be refunded if no damages are made to the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Apartamento Balaia Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamento Balaia Atlantico Albufeira
- Apartamento Balaia Atlantico Hotel
- Balaia Atlantico Hotel
- Balaia Atlantico Aparthotel
- Hotel Apartamento Balaia Atlantico Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve