I stayed at Hotel Balaia Atlantico at the beginning of October . There was six of us ranging from 78 years old to 4 months old .
After reading some of the previous reviews I was a little worried I made the wrong dissicion , But I tell you what its a great little hotel and myself and my family had a great week.
We arrived at the hotel at 11 o clock at night and were greeted by the lovely staff at reception . We were placed on the second floor . There is plenty of lifts so easy enough to get up and down with the pram and the grandma. The only slight problem was the steps leading unto the apartment from the corridor bit awkward with the pram .
The apartments are very spacious and clean . They have every think you need for self catering also a kettle for the babies bottle . There is no complementary tea or coffee Grandma couldn’t believe it . But on all inclusive you get it from the bars. The beds are not very comfy very hard but I prefer soft .
The bathroom was a little smelly but not that bad.
The cleaners were in daily changing the towels daily and cleaning to a good standard.
The pool area is nice in need of a little updating and cleaning but I have seen a lot worse . Both pools are freezing but not bad once your in . You are able to use the steam room/Jacuzzi/indoor pool as long as you were a swim cap they can be purchased on sight for 3 Euro . The indoor pool is heated so great for babies. The pool bar snacks were very basic but very tasty .
There is mini golf and tennis on sight which is a nice touch , you do need 10 Euro deposit for these.
The shop on sight isn’t great and a little expensive but it had the essentials .
The entertainment through the day was limited with the kids . On the nighttimes it was either singers or the piano player . But we did have a reptile show one night.
The Main dining room had nice food very limited but for the amount of people in the hotel I wasn’t surprised . There was a different main meal each night and it tasted very nice . The breakfast is good and a very good attempt at a full English .
Minus the grandma , We walked to the first beach it took us about 20 min with the pram , was a nice walk . But would say the shuttle bus was proberly the better option .
Overall we enjoyed our stay and I would rate this hotel a 4 star xx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balaia Atlantico is a natural oasis surrounded by the unique beauty and contrasts of the Algarve countryside, among the over 5 km of sandy beaches and crystal clear waters. License No. 849 The use of some services such as Fitness Centre, Games Camps has an additional cost. The use of swimming cap in the indoor pool is mandatory. Customers can buy caps at € 4.50 / each at the front desk. For reservations with Breakfast, Half Board, Full Board and All Inclusive, guests should inform any special dietary needs or allergies before arrival. For groups of young guests and/or stag/hen parties, a security deposit of EUR 250 per person will be requested, in cash or by charging the amount on a valid credit or debit card at the time of check-in. If the guest refuses to pay this security deposit, the entrance in the property will be denied. This security deposit will be refunded if no damages are made to the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Apartamento Balaia Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamento Balaia Atlantico Albufeira
- Apartamento Balaia Atlantico Hotel
- Balaia Atlantico Hotel
- Balaia Atlantico Aparthotel
- Hotel Apartamento Balaia Atlantico Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve