We just came back last week from a two week stay around Christmas & Newyear. This is my first time in Portugal for Christmas holidays and a word of advice, the place was dead! Most restaurants and bars in and around the resorts were closed. We hired a car and travelled around and the place was soulless! It rained and the weather was overcast most days! The pools in the resort are not heated, not even one was heated, kids club was closed more days, but the outdoor play area open. Don't bother with the pool in the health club, the changing rooms are very outdated, pool not suitable for young children or babies. Most bars and restaurants inside the resort were closed too. But But But....inspite of all this, I loved this place, we just picked the wrong time to visit! The Pine Cliff resorts, is a great find, safest and cleanest resort with so many good amenities, if you are coming as a group or with friends this is a great place for self catering. Lovely lush grounds of immaculately maintained gardens, nice pools, a good kids club (designed like a pirate ship) and play area, tennis and golf. The beach is very sandy and a lovely stretch. Access to the beach is via a lift, here's a wooden pathway with steps, might not be ideal if you had a pram. The staff are very friendly and at your service all the time, there were somedays when we were the only one's in the bar, but the staff and management did everything they could to keep us entertained. We did get some guests around New-year and the place was more lively. The buffet dinner + fire works in the beach and after party until 3:00 am was all well organised and there were kids everywhere dancing, playing and having a great time. Ours children are 5 & 3 and were up partying all night!! We did have some trouble getting a booking to the Newyear party event, as we were half board we thought we were automatically included in the guest list, but obviously not! The restaurant was fully booked. We spoke to management on New Year's Eve morning and everything was sorted efficiently, they managed to put an extra table for us soMehow. We booked through jet2 holidays and we were allocated a townhouse in the Sheraton. The townhouse was very outdated and tired looking. We spoke to reception and asked to move us somewhere better at no extra cost. The staff from reception were so helpful, they took us in a shuttle around Pine Cliffs residences, showing us all the different accommodation that was available and we picked a two bed apartment at the residences. The apartment was very spacious and modern, had a lovely terrace and the kids loved it. Room service were so good, they emptied and loaded our dishwasher, even hand washed my daughters tippy cup! How thoughtful! They left a stocking outside our door on Christmas Day, filled with bags of sweets & cookies. The piri piri restaurant was open few days and is a must try, the steaks and lamb are delicious. Most of the bars were closed so can't comment, but the music bar near main reception was open all days, they have a good selection of cocktails but beware drinks and food if not included in your plan will cost a bomb! Special mention to the lady who sang at the bar, Louisa, my kids just loved her! Overall we had a great time, We would definitely come back here in the summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the renowned Pine Cliffs Resort, Pine Cliffs Residence (Voted Portugal's Leading Family Resort) offers its guest the privacy two or three bedroom residence suites abundantly equipped with all modern day appliances and comfort with breathtaking views over the scenic golf course. This exclusive resort provides an array of activities for all ages, including world-class golf course, five tennis courts and swimming pools, spa treatments, kids' club and private access to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com and Travelocity so you can book your Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pine Cliffs Residence Hotel Albufeira
- Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve