I got this resort from RCI.com.
The resort is located in a quiet neighborhood, very close to beach ( 10 min walk, less than 5 min drive).
The room is spacious, 2 stories, more like townhouse in US. Two bedrooms are upstairs, family room and kitchen are downstairs. It can easily accommodate 4 people (2 separate beds in 2 rooms). In kitchen, there is almost everything for daily use: refrig, electric stove/oven, microwave, toast, kettle, and all the utensils, plates, teapot, etc. It is very useful and handy if you want to prepare your own food.
It is quiet because it is located far away from major city. It is also bad because it is so far away from major city ( 2 hrs from Lisbon, less than 1 hr from Faro). Without a car, it is almost impossible to reach there. Even you eventually reach there without a car, you will for sure be stuck inside the resort.
Even though there is a swimming pool, it is not heated. When the temperature outside is cold, it is impossible to use it. Other amenities like tennis court, mini golf, and chess if you like.
For those who do not speak Portuguese, a GPS is a must. Without it, it could be very hard to navigate the local area. Not many locals speak English, it is almost impossible to get directions from them. It can easily cause big family dispute during driving without a GPS.
The room is not cleaned daily, probably every other day. So keep it clean by yourselves is very important.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within walking distance of Albufeira's marina, this 4-star resort offers luxury rooms and villas in a garden setting. It features an outdoor pool, tennis court and Albufeira views. Guests of the Ponta Grande Resort can soak up the sun on the terrace as they watch their children in the playground. The Ponta offers bright and air-conditioned accommodation. There are also self-catering villas that come with a fully equipped kitchen and a balcony with panoramic views. A grocery store is available inside the resort. If guests prefer, they can also visit the restaurant, which serves á la carte international cuisine. The Grande Resort is less than 1 km from the Atlantic Ocean. Guests arriving by car have free private on-site parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ponta Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ponta Grande Hotel Albufeira
- Ponta Grande Resort Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve