Apartment was spacious - 2 bedrooms, good sized lounge, large patio, even 2 fridges. The kitchen was missing a few basics - no wine glasses (we used tumblers!), no coffee maker (got one soon after arrival), only one sharp knife etc.
However, for the first week of our fortnight, the bar/restaurant was closed, which was disappointing. Once it opened, it proved to be a popular focal point at very reasonable prices.
There's no shortage of bars and restaurants within walking distance. During the daytime, if you want to do more than sit by the pool or on the beach, then a car is a must - there are plenty of places to explore, driving and parking is easy, but it's easy to get lost (an up-to-date map needed!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within walking distance of Albufeira's marina, this 4-star resort offers luxury rooms and villas in a garden setting. It features an outdoor pool, tennis court and Albufeira views. Guests of the Ponta Grande Resort can soak up the sun on the terrace as they watch their children in the playground. The Ponta offers bright and air-conditioned accommodation. There are also self-catering villas that come with a fully equipped kitchen and a balcony with panoramic views. A grocery store is available inside the resort. If guests prefer, they can also visit the restaurant, which serves á la carte international cuisine. The Grande Resort is less than 1 km from the Atlantic Ocean. Guests arriving by car have free private on-site parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ponta Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ponta Grande Hotel Albufeira
- Ponta Grande Resort Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve