All reviews wander inn the main strip pool area self catering old town these apartments cleaned every day nice pool bit dated budget hotel quiet location minute walk from the strip road train one bedroom apartment plenty of sunbeds quiet at night cleaned daily
Reviewed May 11, 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff, clean, location is within easy walking distance to the main strip. Apartments could do with a bit of tlc but overall spacious and comfortable. Pool area is clean and tidy. Definatly be back again.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sharon W
Reviewed May 7, 2017

On arrival we received a lovely welcome from Anna who checked us in with an efficient manner. Our one bedroom apartment was huge, a bit dated, but very clean and comfortable. Pool area very clean and gardens well looked after. Its in a quiet location, but within walking distance of the strip and restaurants. The beach is a bit of a trek (we are OAP's) but there are lots of taxis or tuk tuks for hire, but we took our time and it was ok.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank alanchris
Reviewed April 15, 2017

Great complex, staff really pleasant and helpful. Apartment basic but very clean and maids visited daily. Our apartment was ground floor with a patio and private garden area. Nice pool and poolside bar area. Lovely bottle of wine served in ice bucket around the pool for less than 5 euros. Great value stay.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank Mossley77
Reviewed February 28, 2017 via mobile

We had expected beds but we got a kind of sleeping couches which we rearranged so we could sleep next to eachother. Don't expect any luxury. My bf had a warm shower in the evening but I had a cold shower in the morning. Not sure if the boiler was working properly. (the weather is around 16C during daytime) The pool must be lovely during summer but for now it's way too cold. The staff is very friendly and helpful. A good hotel for people who want to go budget.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JO H
Reviewed October 19, 2016 via mobile

Firstly I must informed the Solar de Sao João wasn't my first choice....I chose another one and a day before a member of staff from booking phone me to tell me the change....ok It was supposed to be same quality and rate and what we have was this:
1- On arrival in check in we did have pay the full amount (1900 euros) plus 50 euros cash deposit each...
2- Apartment for 6 person... and the fridge was the size of shoe box and not working.
3- One bed was broken when my daughter went sleep.....
4- The bathroom water pressure was.....nothing....
5- I payed for a week a staggering 1900 euros and no fan or air-conditioning in apartment...with average of 40° temperature.
6- The apartment was for total of 6 persons...we where 3 persons and one day a friend of mine came to visit me.....they told us to pay an extra charge.
7- The TV was ....50 cm x 30 cm made in 1978 !!!!
8- The deco was absolutely horrendous.
9- All the staff were very rude and vulgar.

All this for 1900 euros a week....a robbery !!! a disgrace for the Algarve Turism,in fact, places like this should be shut down for good.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with friends