Solar de Sao Joao
$232
$221
$381
  • Pool
Golden Beach by 3HB(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
$179
$174
Vila Joya(Gale)
$913
Hotels.com
All reviewswander innpool areathe main stripself cateringold townthese apartmentscleaned every daybit datedquiet locationminute walk from the striproad trainone bedroom apartmentnice poolplenty of sunbedsquiet at nightcleaned dailyjust returned from a week
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here in 2006.
We were broken into and robbed during our stay and the management were less than helpful!
The location is good but it does not make up for the lack of money needed to improve the apartments.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lee w
Reviewed September 28, 2012

After a week in feb we were desperate to go back to Albuferia again so 3 of us went here for a week in Aug, was very surprised at how nice it actually was for the price we paid, did originally want to stay in the Villa Nova again but went here as it was cheaper.
On arrival it was a pretty straight forward process, although you had to give credit card details when you arrive in case of any damages ect, which I wasn't to pleased about. Rooms were a little old fashioned but it's only for sleeping in right?! They were a decent size for 3 of us, a seperate room with 2 beds and 2 beds in the livingroom. There was a dining table and 4 chairs, fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle and pots n pans (everything you basically need) the rooms are cleaned every day, maids very friendly, reception desk is manned 24 hours a day and they don't allow you to take your room key away with you.
Only thing I would say bad about this hotel is that the pool area was a little disappointing, found it very small for the size of the hotel and we never got a bed there, if you are going here in the busy period that may be a downfall. The hotel is situated just a short 5 minute walk from the strip and about 10/15 mins from the beach where there are plenty beds (2 for €15). It was very quiet as it's out of the main area but overall I enjoyed my stay here and would stay here again in the future. We didn't eat here so unsure what the food is like.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the beach as the rooms at the back face a hotel which is currently being renovated (which houses a cockeral that wakes up about 4.30am, not that that bothered me as I was just coming home at that time!! ha ha!!) The back rooms don't get any sun in the afternoon either, only a few hours in the morning.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Carol1982429
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend and it is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! we arrived at about 11am and were told we couldn't check in until 2pm so had to store our suitcases away in a dingy pitch black corridor within a cubby hole, the rooms are very old fashioned,our main light didn't work so we had to ask for a light bulb, there are black marks and mould on the floor, they even provided us with bug repellent and that is saying something! our light on the balcony also didn't work The hotel room was that bad I demanded that we would be moved, we looked in another hotel room and it was exactly the same scabby baths, showers and sinks. we had a lizard in our room, a dead cockroach and a spider infested within my boyfriends wardrobe. the only plus thing about our hotel room was that is was situated on the ground floor right near the pool.

The flooring around the pool really hurts your feet as its made out of stones and the hotel has several cats roaming around the grounds, on a positive note however it is set in a very good location, near to the strip bars and restaurants but once again I do not recommend staying here ! I hope this review has been helpful.

Room Tip: Pool View as the other views are looking at grass and building sites
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank loz1_12
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We are a couple in our thirties staying here for 10 nights. Our experience so far is dreadful eg. only change towels evey 3 days, do not clean apts even though we know they have been in to the apt. One room with no actual beds. two couches up against a wall is not what we call a bed... spoke to the manageress who was very rude and told us to contact the travel agaent about clean towels as its not her problem.
overall we will not be returning and do not recommend it to anyone. the staff are not very helpful and pass any problems on to someone else which is why we spoke to the manageress.Customer service is non existant...pitty because we were really looking forward to our holiday.

Room Tip: there are non as we checked.. stay away from here
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank don mary cummins
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Travelled with 7 girls all age 20. Waited around for 3 hours to check in because they wouldn't allow it sooner than 2 . we then each got the pleasent news we had to fork over 50 each (150 during peak times) just incase we break anything or make noise, this was not on the booking info and as a group of 20 year old girls money was not plentiful but we had no choice! Cruel irony was us being put into room 101 next to reception where they could hear EVERYTHING! So naturally we got in trouble, crazy man In reception shouted at me for ringing my dad outside the door of the hotel at 7 am!! Pool was ok but full of older people which was shocking as some reviews say its full of youth IT WAS NOT, to top it off we had a cockroach infestation and a lizard, when I asked for help I was laughed at And given a bottle of wood polish! Strange place indeed, beware of the dodgy shutter on the balcony It broke on day one! Only stay if u can't afford anywhere else and you want to be near the strip!!!!! Also it's young people only who have to pay the deposit , prepare for plenty of tip-toeing and whispering!!

• Stayed: August 2012