Velamar Boutique Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$171
  • Beachfront
Ondamar Aparthotel(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
$63
1,438 results
All reviewsbreakfast room isrooftop restaurantolhos d'aguatop floorold townpool areafresh fruitlovely hotelbreakfast staffminute walkbarking dogsbreakfast is servedthird floorbreakfast was excellentsmall hotelhuge bedsmall pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a lovely stay here. No traffic noise. Relaxed continental breakfast. It was great to sit out on the breakfast terrace, for information the breakfast area is on the 3rd floor with lifts. I love my tea in the morning - maybe bring your own kettle and buy bottled water / milk not sure why my tea didn't taste right, however the coffee is good.. The beds were made every day and new towels each day. Nice pool too. I would visit again . Even the reception toilets had baby potty for young children. They have thought of everything. We travelled as a couple and I was glad that there was a full length mirror and loads of hanging space with plenty of hangers. Definately a good place.

Room Tip: If disabled get the room next to the breakfast room on floor .3
Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabethkiss
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Rooms clean, helpful polite staff. Would stay here again. Beach a 10 minute walk but we enjoyed its central location. I think the only way I would improve the hotel is if they started to do evening meals as they have the facility's in place...oh and that blasted slow toaster!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Woolli1969
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 days as part of a three week driving holiday of Spain and Portugal. This hotel is probably the nicest and friendliest hotel I've ever stayed in. I've read a few reviews complaining of traffic - we had a road room with triple glazing you could just to say here the traffic but not a problem at all. Massive bed! Someone in a review wrote about wifi only available in the reception and bar area - yes this is true but if you need the Internet 24/7 should you really be on holiday? Nip to reception area each day to check your emails if you must but then get on with enjoying your holiday! My wife and I loved being around the pool it was so quiet - nearly like having your own pool with a few friends joining you for the day. Lunchtime we just walked to the bar next door 1.5 euros for a pint and 1.2 euros for a toastie. Plenty of restaurants close by with good value meals starting at 7.50 euros for four courses including a pint of beer. Supermarket just a short walk away. Massive car park with apple parking. Fridge in room which was good as most hotel rooms seem to have this luxury missing. Lovely views from the 3rd floor dining room - cant go wrong with just continental breakfast - good because I'm sure I eat full English breakfasts in hotels just because its there and I can even though I shouldn't! It was boiling when we where there - cant wait to go back! It really should be more than a three star - not sure why it is maybe the size of the pool or food options. It's 5* in my book though :-)

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank nijo61
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We hope to see you all at the velamar 3rd oct this is our third year in a row at this hotel cant wait great place, great staff, breakfast is first class cant wait hope to see all the friendly faces soon .

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed here in July and were so impressed. Staff were lovely. I'm in my 40s , daughters are early 20s (they were not with us) so was ideal couple holiday no more apartments......no carrying of shopping from local supermarket as it was so reasonable to have lunch, water etc available on site for fridge in room.Met lovely people......wouldn't recommend if your bringing kids as they like the clubs and so do the parents....lovely local bar and restaurants next to hotel.....but as I mentioned staff are so nice. hotel is very secure as your access in is front door on key card so also felt very safe...just booked agin for October....can't wait......

Room Tip: Ideal for a quiet holiday....nice restaurants, not far by taxi from Albuferia or Vilamoura.......chill holiday. No rush for sunbeds in the morning ......
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple