Alfagar Alto da Colina(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
$132
$486
Vila Joya(Gale)
$899
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $1,220/night.

1,492 results
All reviewsbreakfast room isrooftop restaurantolhos d'aguatop floorold townfresh fruitpool areabreakfast stafflovely hotelminute walkbarking dogsbreakfast is servedthird floornice beachesbreakfast was excellenthuge bedsmall hotel
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We have just returned from our fourth stay at the Velamar. As usual it was excellent value for money!The staff were helpful and friendly.All in all the hotel meets all of our requirements.We hired a car from a local firm(Auto Prudente)and travelled all over the Algarve.With sat.nav. this was easy and highly recommended! Booked already to return in November! DON'T JUST VIEW IT,DO IT!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JeniSD S
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend stayed at the Velamar at the end of March. We were booked in for a week but unfortunately had to cut our stay short by 3 days because my girlfriend's grandmother died.

Up to then, the Velamar had been OK. Leaky shower, broken light in bedroom, awful coffee: but hey, you get what you pay for and it was cheap and clean.

However, on March 28, the day her granny died, when my girlfriend informed the staff at reception that we had to leave early and the reason why, the reaction of the staff was appalling. Not only did they not even express sympathy of any kind, but were positively surly when we asked if we could print out our boarding passes, as we had to book a new flight and our original passes would not suffice. When my girlfriend asked the receptionist if she could call our airport transfer company to change our pick-up to the following day, she was asked did she not have her own phone to use?

Later that day (we were flying out the following day) I enquired if we could get a refund for the 3 nights we weren't staying and was told that they would check with the manager. Then, we were informed that due to the fact that we had booked through an internet booking agency, they would not give a refund. I asked to see the manager who had said this, to see if our special circumstances (death in the family) would be taken into account and maybe they could issue even a partial refund or a gift voucher. I was told the manager was in Lisbon on business but would be around the next day (March 29). The following day, I asked twice to see the manager before we left but was again told that he/she was not available.

In the meantime, our room phone rang at 3:45am on the morning of March 29, waking us both in a panic. I answered, to be greeted by a Portuguese voice saying 'Hello, How are you?' When I asked who it was, they hung up. The receptionist could not draw any light on this event later that morning.

I understand that we got a good deal on the hotel and I also understand if it went against regulations to reimburse customers who had to leave early. However, in all the years I have been staying in hotels, I have never, ever encountered staff as impolite, surly, dispassionate, downright rude and lacking in basic humanity or compassion as those at Hotel Velamar. I can only say that I hope that if any of the staff ever experience a family crisis while on holiday that they are dealt with in a far more humane manner than we were.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
12  Thank johnnie_walter
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel is situated not in Albufeira itself, but in a small bordering town Olhos de Água which is 5 minutes away by taxi (25 minutes afoot) from Albufeira’s best beach and main entertainments. Velamar has a nearer beach (10 minutes walk) and it is very beautiful too. The rooms in the hotel are spacious, clean and with large balconies. It is quite a new building with all services one may need. The restaurant located on the upper floor with magic view. All foods served are diverse & delicious.

Room Tip: Try to book 2nd floor and upper
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ninkhen
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Just back from a week in this hotel. We were delighted with the service we received in this hotel as the staff were all very friendly and helpful. We found that even though this hotel is not very near to Albufeira itself it's location was centrally located for visiting all around the area. Local buses stop service around 7pm so be careful if you are out and about. A trip into Velamura is a must with beautiful beaches & big marina. We also took a few trips into Albufeira old town which is lovely during the day and lively at night, the new town strip in Albufeira we found was more suitable for younger crowds with lots of stags & hen nights.

Where this hotel is located is in Olhos d'Agua which has a lovely beach, some shops and nice restaurants, it's a bit of a walk from the hotel and the area has quite a number of hills, still it's a beautiful place.

The hotel was very clean all over, nice powerful shower, small balcony, we were on the first floor and we got very little sun on it. The breakfast was fine although could use another toaster. The only downside we found were that the beds were hard and uncomfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Third time here. Fourth time booked. NEVER disappoints. Great value. Particular thanks this time to Adriano (best ever mohitos!) and Marcello (knowledgeable and kind). I have travelled far and wide but Velamar has something special. Big enough to offer comfort and luxury but small enough to have personal, family touch. Well done and many thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: Second floor ensures you have more privacy on balcony and means you're only one level from reception/bar and one level from breakfast room. No need to take lifts at all if you don't like them.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple