All reviews pool area self catering old town mgm hotels minute walk bars and restaurants sun loungers turn right cleaned every day these apartments just returned from a week sofa bed great holiday sea view ideal location rooms were cleaned plenty of sunbeds
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and myself are just back from staying in this hotel for our 1st wedding anniversary and let me tell u it is definitely far from a 5 star . it's so dated and tatty..when we arrived we were given a room at the back with no view and when we questioned this we were told ,at an extra cost we could get an upgrade no thanks , the balcony was horrible very dirty cover an railing . there is a crap old box tv that didn't even have many channels and also no remote to operate it .. the rooms are the same typical 2 twin beds pushed together how many times do we have to explain. we're a couple we sleep in double beds not beds we can fall down in between them!!! not hard get proper beds .bathroom was horrible with a very smelly stale shower curtain and loads off wee bugs crawling around on floor .. the bar man was very rude and refused to give me a glass of coke cola after 11pm ,then because I gave him a look he gave into me and gave me a small coke !!! rooms are very thin walled and u could here cleaners up and down hall with trolleys and pulling furniture around the rooms when they're cleaning and us after a long morning of travelling and long flight we were trying to nap .. tennis court is in bad shape too they give u a key to open the gate but the gate had a massive human size hole u can crawl into. the pool is just okay but bloody freezing couldn't even use it, usual people leaving towels on beds and them not even around leaving very little beds for other people.. needless to say we will not b back hotel needs a hell of a lot of work to make it 5 ⭐

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here for 4 nights in Sep 2019. Say's 5 star outside above the door. No way, It dosn't come near. The room was dated, loose power socket on the wall, Only one chair on the balcony. Selling it as a Garden View. The only view we had was a great big tree and nothing else. We arrive a few hours before checkin due to early flight. Front reception said they would ring us when room was ready, heard nothing at all. Went back to the hotel at 3pm to be informed that room would be ready in 5 mins so we sat down waiting. Heard nothing off them at all so in the end had to approach them to see what was happening.. Do not use this hotel. There's far better hotels in the area or near the Old Town

Room tip: Don't choose one, Go else where
Date of stay: September 2019
MGM_Muthu_Hotels, General Manager at Grand Muthu Forte da Oura, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to share your feedback with us. I apologize on behalf of my entire team for the inconvenience caused due to maintenance related anomalies.

The check-in time at the hotel is 1600 hours. We do provide early check-in based on availability. Please do let us know if you have been misled or any wrong information was shared with you by anyone.

Please get in touch with me directly for any future bookings or communication and I will be glad to assist you.

Regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a very pleasant and enjoyable stay at this hotel last week. The room was very spacious and clean and our towels were changed nearly every day. It is an ideal location close to shops, the strip and a taxi rank across the road.
Plenty of sun loungers available throughout the day even later in the afternoon so you don't need to be up early to get a sun lounger. Mostly the area around the pool was quiet however there was some entertainment some afternoons which was a bit too loud.

Date of stay: September 2019
MGM_Muthu_Hotels, General Manager at Grand Muthu Forte da Oura, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such a positive feedback on your stay with us.

Do give us a chance to welcome you back. We have plans to upgrade the facilities in the coming months.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Lovely hotel. Stayed Self Catering as food becomes boring after a while. Rooms cleaned daily and staff were very nice. A very nice hotel but not sure of 5 stars and is reasonably priced. Bar is a bit limited and expensive if drinking in the Hotel as against the Pool side.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such a positive feedback on your stay with us. Staff will be very happy to read the compliment shared by you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2019

After spending a week at this hotel I would advise that nobody should even think about booking this place. We stayed here twenty years ago and the hotel has the same furniture and decor, now very worn and uncared for in general. Although the exterior looks very impressive, this hotel is very badly in need of a complete refurbishment. On entering our room, we saw that the wardrobe door had a huge chunk of wood missing near the hinge, very ugly and off-putting on arrival ! The bathroom was very badly in need of an upgrade. The bath was old and where you would have sat there was a coin-sized chip where the enamel was missing. The taps were so old that the chrome had worn off exposing the brass underneath and there was a very grubby toilet door. The toilet seat was damaged and the composite material was exposed, open to germs & bacteria. The large mirror over the sink was worn and looked shabby all around its edges. There was no full-length mirror anywhere in the room. The kitchen area was badly in need of refurbishment. It was the same as twenty years ago, so very tired-looking. I sat on one of the dining chairs and because the top of the back-rest joint had split I nearly trapped my skin when the joint closed back. The two-ring hob was badly scratched and the numbers were peeling off around the switches. The edges were peeling from the inside of the door of the microwave oven. Although it still worked, the old air-conditioning unit had been fixed with sticky-tape as the front of it had broken. It didn't work at all on our second night, however, the maintenance staff were quick to fix it. The balcony was grubby around the edges because of plastic sheeting trapping dirt and rust near the railings. The white plastic table and chairs were miss-matched and one of the grubby, worn chairs needed replacing. The balcony was overlooked in all directions and especially directly opposite where there was another MGM hotel. The tv wires were hanging down to the plugs and looked messy, as well as being a safety issue. The hinges of the large louvred door, separating the bedroom from the kitchen area, had caused the door to drop so it was rubbing on the floor. There were no drawers for clothing and only 6 coat hangers. Most of our clothes were folded on two shelves of the wardrobe. The room service was very late arriving to clean and make the beds, usually between 4.30-5pm when we were showering and getting ready for the evening. The towels were changed every second day. The safe, when we arrived, looked broken because there was a hole where the lock should be. When I reported this at reception I was told that you have to pay for the 'lock and key' at 1.95 euros per day, with a 15 euro deposit, returnable if you do not lose them. The plants in the Atrium are dying, they are really needing some attention. The restaurant looks tired & dated with red pvc chairs. On our first morning the waiter was extremely rude to my wife, mumbling something when we asked for a table. He was actually saying, "Are you fully-inclusive" He reiterated the words rudely to my wife and she told him that she didn't like his attitude and that some manners would be nice. He just smirked. When we reported this to the receptionist she said they would ask him to apologise. He never came near to offer an apology. The restaurant is self-serve and the cooked breakfast, although it looked ok, was not very good. We didn't eat there after that. Half-way through the week we had complained so much that they offered to show us another room on the ground floor (no balcony or patio). They said that they were full so this was the only alternative. After seeing it I accepted it and we went to collect our things. (This room had a new-looking safe with an integral lock, so no charges). They waived the charge on the other one for us, nice! We were very surprised that on entering our original room they had replaced the badly chipped wardrobe door and replaced the toilet seat, so why was it not done before? It was not a good move, we soon realised that this room was originally an office and, although it was equipped for self-catering with appliances, it had no kitchen area, so everything was awkward when it came to making tea, etc. and there was no hob or kitchen sink. Also there was only a very small coffee table. My wife complained about the smell from the bathroom-basin overflow and small insects (ant-like) running around the base of the shower unit (where the sealant was needing re-doing). Two housekeeping staff came to clean and spray around. My wife requested a bowl for washing up and some washing-up liquid, but when these arrived there was a rectangular container, a large sponge and a spray (which looked like window-cleaner). The cleaning staff had to be reminded to clean and make the bed on one occasion, then on our last night they forgot about us completely and didn't come in at all, by this time we didn't bother complaining any more. This room was not a good choice also because noise from the entertainment area next to the pool outside was like a sledge-hammer, the base of the music was so loud. Luckily it finished at 10.30pm but on the night prior to our departure it was most annoying because we needed to get to sleep early as we were being picked up at 6.15am to be on our way to the airport. This holiday was booked as a treat for my wife's 70th birthday and it was printed on the booking sheet. Not even a single flower was in the room on arrival. However, when this was mentioned the next day, the receptionist said she would arrange something, chocolates or a bottle. The day after when the cleaning staff arrived my wife joked "Have you seen a bottle of something anywhere and been drinking it ?" He had seen the birthday cards too. A few minutes later he arrived with a bottle of champagne. The receptionist, Head receptionist and Hotel Manager, Bhawna Sareen, were understanding and listened to our complaints, but it does not alter the experience we had. We will not be returning and can only advise others. By the way this is classed as a FIVE STAR hotel.

Room tip: A suite on a higher floor on South West side would be more suitable

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to share such a detailed feedback with us. I do apologize on behalf of my entire team for the inconvenience caused.

We have been upgrading the hotel facilities in the past and we will continue to do the same in near future. I have made note of all your suggestions and observations.

Regards