We have just returned from a six night stay at the Alpinus apartments with our two and a half year old. The apartment was the most spacious we'd ever stayed in with a large lounge area, separate kitchen diner, and the bedroom was big enough to accommodate the beds and additional cot which we requested on arrival. Our apartment overlooked the smaller pool area which meant we had a wonderful sunrise every morning and sun on the balcony for a lot of the day. This did mean however we were positioned above the entertainment area during the evenings acts. Not so much of an issue to us as we were on the fifth floor however speaking to people lower down the noise for them was a major issue!
We didn't stay all inclusive, although we did choose to eat in the hotel restaurant on a couple of occasions. In no way is the food gourmet class, but was perfectly adequate, the selection was varied and what was on offer was perfectly edible!
We spent some days by the main pool, our little one enjoyed the fact she could get in and out of the pool at her leisure and being right next to the pool meant we could keep a close eye on her at all times. The usual reserve a sunbed with a towel game was much in evidence by the usual crowd, however the animation team made frequent sweeps of the pool area and removed any towels that had been left for a long period of time. This added to the days entertainment when people arrived back later in the day to find themselves evicted!
The poolside snacks were adequate during the day and would advise the omelette!!
The actual location of this hotel was ok for us as we choose to go out and about and explore the locality. The nearby beach is a bit of a trek with a very steep road which everybody used as a car park. Not advisable with a pushchair. And then at the bottom of the road there is a large number of steps to negotiate.
There are a number of restaurants in the vicinity and we didn't have a bad meal in any of them.
All in all we had a terrific break, and the Alpinas was more than adequate for what we required. May be not four star but at the end of the day the holiday is what you make it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most exclusive touristic areas, near the famous beaches of Albufeira. With an exceptional view over the pine trees and the golf course, the Alpinus Hotel is the perfect place for holidays in the Algarve. Features 185 apartments and studios (128 one-bedroom apartments, 52 two-bedrooms apartments and 5 studios) comfortably furnished, all with balcony, equipped kitchen, bathroom, direct telephone, satellite TV, stereo system, air conditioning and safe. The hotel includes two pool areas for adults and children, buffet restaurant, bar, coffee shop, meeting and events room with support equipment, private parking and free Wi-Fi. LOCATION The Alpinus Hotel is located between the exclusive area of Vilamoura, with its Casino, Marina and some of the best golf courses in the Iberian Peninsula, and the cosmopolitan town of Albufeira, with a diversity of handicraft shops, restaurants, bars, clubs and the vibrant nightlife of the Algarve. 29 km from Faro Airport, 12 km from Vilamoura, 10 km from the historic center of Albufeira, 1.2 km from the Falesia beach and 200 m from the Pine Cliffs golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Otel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Travelocity so you can book your Alpinus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Alpinus Albufeira
- Luna Alpinus Hotel Albufeira
- Alpinus Albufeira
- Hotel Alpinus
- Alpinus Hotel Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve