My wife and I were looking for a nice break for Easter. Reading all the reviews we decided to book a week at the 4* (no way, a very low 3* at most) hotel. On arrival we were greeted by several children running around reception and very unhelpful reception staff. On arrival to the apartment we were pleasently suprised with the size and cleanliness of the rooms, although the fridge was a mess and wouldn't close properly because the freezer needed defrosting.We arrived too late for lunch so went into the bar (Smoking room) for a drink and a bite to eat. Hot Dog, micowave Pizza, choice of Sanwiches - Ham, Cheese, or Ham and Cheese and very tasteless they were too - helped if you took the to your room and toasted them under the grill. Pool area was packed (North pool closed until 5th day of Hols) not enough sunbeds or chairs around the 2 tiny childrens pool. Lots of litter lying around such as plastic cups and paper plates. We located the roof terrace on floor 5, which was nice and peaceful, it would be as there were only 8 beds that were on their last legs. At meal times the Dining Hall was manic, some kids were allowed to run around which was hazardous and like an obstacle course. Not a lot of choice of meals and they were always luke warm at best, breakfast was ok if you weren't having toast (1 toaster,15 minute queue on a good day). Lunch and evening meals were much the same, soup (probably the warmest thing to eat), 1 dried up meat option, 1 dried up fish option, tinned or very overcooked Veg, chips and rice/pasta, pudding was squares of orange/green jelly, frozen cake and I think the pink and brown stuff was Angel Delight (not confirmed). The entertainment on an evening was poor, I did however feel sorry for the 2 entertainment staff who did try their best to get everyone involved and from what we picked up on little if any support from management and with limited equipment. The bar staff were efficient behind their 6 foot long bar which more often than not had a lengthy queue. If you went into the bar after 8.00pm there was no where to sit and as the gazebo extention was closed up during the evening to stop kids getting out to the pool,it was also very smokey as there was no ventilation (Non smokers beware). We ventured in only once and had a good evening much of our own making, the rest of the time we went out of the hotel for a quiet drink, we only ate in the evening at the hotel twice, we visited the Fish Restaurant at the end of the road 3 times as the food was excellent and the staff were very welcoming and attentive. Thankfully we located a good Chinese takeaway and 2 good supermarkets close to hotel (5 minutes walk). On a plus side we did meet some very nice people and they were all of the same opinion, make the most of it but won't go back. On the last day we had to sign out of the room by 12.00, as they took the special blue bracelet back this meant you lost your all inclusive entitlement as well, at this point we were told we were only entitled to breakfast and not lunch before travelling home (Maybe a good thing but a plate of chips is better than nothing before a 7 1/2 hour journey home). this was very disappointing to hear especially for those who were leaving later in the day to travel home.
TIPS FOR YOUR STAY.
Take extra money for when you need to go out for a GOOD meal.
Never leave your table unattended in the dining room as you may find your food and drink has vanished on yopur return.
Don't bother booking if you want a quiet holiday.
Make use of the FREE shuttle bus to Albufeira (although you will need to book in advance at reception)
Taxi fares vary between 10 to 20 euro (one way) depending on size of group and time of day.
WiFi connect very poor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most exclusive touristic areas, near the famous beaches of Albufeira. With an exceptional view over the pine trees and the golf course, the Alpinus Hotel is the perfect place for holidays in the Algarve. Features 185 apartments and studios (128 one-bedroom apartments, 52 two-bedrooms apartments and 5 studios) comfortably furnished, all with balcony, equipped kitchen, bathroom, direct telephone, satellite TV, stereo system, air conditioning and safe. The hotel includes two pool areas for adults and children, buffet restaurant, bar, coffee shop, meeting and events room with support equipment, private parking and free Wi-Fi. LOCATION The Alpinus Hotel is located between the exclusive area of Vilamoura, with its Casino, Marina and some of the best golf courses in the Iberian Peninsula, and the cosmopolitan town of Albufeira, with a diversity of handicraft shops, restaurants, bars, clubs and the vibrant nightlife of the Algarve. 29 km from Faro Airport, 12 km from Vilamoura, 10 km from the historic center of Albufeira, 1.2 km from the Falesia beach and 200 m from the Pine Cliffs golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS and Despegar.com so you can book your Alpinus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Alpinus Albufeira
- Luna Alpinus Hotel Albufeira
- Alpinus Albufeira
- Hotel Alpinus
- Alpinus Hotel Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve