Our second visit here. As before we found ourselves in a large one bedroomed apartment although we had booked a studio.
Large lounge area with two sofas, a large coffee table plus TV and music system. A patio large enough for a table and 2 chairs, although we only received half an hour of sun each day. The sunny side of the hotel is facing the road.
At the other end of the open plan lounge is an area with simple kitchen facilities including microwave, toaster, kettle, 'fridge and two ring hob. There are cupboards with basic cooking and serving equipment plus teapot! There is a four seater dining table here as well.
In the bedroom there was a large built in wardrobe with sliding doors on one side housing a safe plus iron and ironing board. Two single beds with bedside tables plus dressing table . There is air conditioning and very clean.
We used the hotel as a base, going out for meals and trips to the beach. The hotel has a large restaurant serving varieties of food and there were offers for special deals. We did not use these facilities, preferring to try to local restaurants around the corner.
There are two swimming pools both with loungers - OK for families with young children and groups of friends on holiday together.
As this is in an area not populated by nightclubs or particularly built up one would expect families and friends to visit this hotel.
If you do want to find a local beach, I would recommend the walk to Falesia (about 10-15 minutes away on foot).
There is a steep climb down steps from the cliff top. These cliffs are vivid brick red of interesting shapes. It's beautiful and the beach stretches for probably a good 5 miles. Villamoura marina is the reward if you take this walk to its completion turing left at the bottom of the steps.
This is good value and was perfect for our needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most exclusive touristic areas, near the famous beaches of Albufeira. With an exceptional view over the pine trees and the golf course, the Alpinus Hotel is the perfect place for holidays in the Algarve. Features 185 apartments and studios (128 one-bedroom apartments, 52 two-bedrooms apartments and 5 studios) comfortably furnished, all with balcony, equipped kitchen, bathroom, direct telephone, satellite TV, stereo system, air conditioning and safe. The hotel includes two pool areas for adults and children, buffet restaurant, bar, coffee shop, meeting and events room with support equipment, private parking and free Wi-Fi. LOCATION The Alpinus Hotel is located between the exclusive area of Vilamoura, with its Casino, Marina and some of the best golf courses in the Iberian Peninsula, and the cosmopolitan town of Albufeira, with a diversity of handicraft shops, restaurants, bars, clubs and the vibrant nightlife of the Algarve. 29 km from Faro Airport, 12 km from Vilamoura, 10 km from the historic center of Albufeira, 1.2 km from the Falesia beach and 200 m from the Pine Cliffs golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alpinus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Alpinus Albufeira
- Luna Alpinus Hotel Albufeira
- Alpinus Albufeira
- Hotel Alpinus
- Alpinus Hotel Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve