Review Highlights
Great Group Ride

Had a very enjoyable ride out round the local area today with a good group of people. Cafe stop... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
JBIRJOO
United Kingdom
via mobile
Cycling the Southern Coast of Portugal

I recently completed a 5-day solo cycling trip across the southern Portuguese coast from Vila Real... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
938rr
Madrid, Spain

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Albufeira
from $31.67
from $31.13
from $32.21
from $31.94
More Info
All reviews easy tour great group enjoyable ride southern coast marc cyclists route mtb countryside algarve roads tours capabilities saddle alte
Selected filters
Reviewed October 22, 2019 via mobile

We booked a half day tour during our holiday to the Algarve. We were picked up (on time!) and taken the short distance to the bike shop. We had a three hour tour with Marco leading. An easy loop, with a welcome coffee stop included. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: October 2019
Paul B, Owner at Algarve Bike Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2019

Thank you very much for your favourable review which is really appreciated .

Regards

Reviewed October 12, 2019 via mobile

This is the easiest of the company’s tours and ideal for my wife and I who are active, but who only cycle on holidays.

We booked via the company website and everything was simple and efficient from then on. Communication from the company was clear and quick and they picked us up from the hotel at exactly the time they promised.

The equipment all appeared to be of a high standard and was all provided. The guide, Marco, spoke perfect English (I thought he was a Mancunian!) and was friendly and helpful.

The tour itself took us through a really picturesque natural park of salt pans and wetlands ( we saw flamingos), around the airport perimeter (bizarre), out to Praia de Faro for a well-earned coffee and pastel de nata, and then back along a glorious trail and finally through the multi-million dollar homes of Quinta do Lago.

A great way to spend half a day.

Final thought, as non-cyclists, we found the saddles very unforgiving!

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed September 21, 2019

My wife and I are not avid cyclists and honestly have only cycled a handful of times this year after dusting our bikes off. She had an idea to book a bike trip to celebrate her 50th birthday.
After researching various options, we decided on Algarve Bike Holidays for our trip. I am SO very happy I did!
The staff was very responsive and communicative. The bikes were really comfortable, accommodations were incredible and the routes were beautiful!!!
However, the most amazing thing for us was the experience. It was a challenge (I think we chose an intermediate course), but so worthwhile - We met the challenge! Too, it was an awesome way to see the country - perfect mix of countryside, beach, and cities.
We cannot wait to do this again!

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 16, 2019 via mobile

I wanted to do this bike trip for my recent 50th Birthday!
My husband and I work out regularly, but we are not avid cyclist!

We received more than we expected and loved cycling along the coast and up in the hills, with spectacular views!

Yes, at times it was challenging, and we had to push our bikes uphill a few times. It was no problem, because we had the right attitude!
It was still warm in September and there was a nice breeze, too.
We enjoyed the villages we rode through, the inexpensive food,the ice cream, the wine and the friendly locals!

Everyone from Algarve Bike Holidays was amazing and very communicative.

We were given bike tools, and my husband knows how to repair a flat tire, what is important!

The hotels were wonderful and finding food and water was easy!

We also stayed a few days in Lisbon and feel in love with Portugal and cycling trips!

Claudia and Tony
Orlando, Florida, USA

Date of experience: September 2019
Paul B, Owner at Algarve Bike Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2019

Hi Claudia & Tony,

Thanks for your great review.

Regards

Reviewed August 22, 2019

The Friday Challenge Ride was superb, the climb to Foia (highest point of the Algarve) was tough in parts, but so so rewarding.

Marcos was a great guide and his local knowledge and advise enabled me to concentrate on the ride, with Marcos updating me on the gradients, water stops etc. as the ride unfolded. I found the lower sections the toughest as the ramps are steeper, but as you gained height the temperature cooled slightly and the gradients eased. So my advice would be don't panic if after just a few miles you think you may not be able to make it! If it was easy it would'nt be half as much fun! Coming from the UK it was great to be able to experience the final 9km continous climb from Monchique to the summit. The view from the summit was spectacular and there was ample opportunity explore, rest up, drink in the views and enjoy a reasonably priced coffee and ice cream from the highest point on the Algarve. A 40 minute continous descent was the icing on the cake, although there are alternative routes down which do involve some climbing if the group so wishes.

I cant fault the service provided by Algarve Bike Holidays, in sourcing a very nice flat barred road bike with flat pedals, their relaxed and friendly communications before the ride and the superb services, encouragement and local knowledge of Marcos.

If you are looking for a day away from the beach and you are a keen cyclist I cant recommend this day out highly enough. Great value and brilliantly organised

Date of experience: August 2019
Paul B, Owner at Algarve Bike Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2019

Garry, Thanks for your review, much appreciated . Glad you enjoyed the tour . Regards