“A dinner as in Italy”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I found this restaurant on a holiday, the welcome is very warm as in Italy the food is just like in Italy! I and my girlfriend stayed here twice for dinner and we ate really well, excellent fresh produce and home. the staff is trained and knows several languages​​, it was not difficult to communicate. As an Italian, I recommend it very much.

There are newer reviews for Il Brigante

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Listened to the hard sell about authentic Italian cuisine blah blah blah, crikey, those guys can talk!

Actually went in one night & had the toughest pork steak I've ever known, it was skinny & had the texture of boot leather. We also had a pizza, both were swimming in a sea of bland, cream sauce quantity rather than quality is the key with this place. Couldn't wait to leave.

And it isn't cheap. Don't be tempted, go elsewhere

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Well for our last night we had no real plans, we just stumbled upon it. It was a nice warm evening so we had our dinner sitting out, Staff were very friendly. When my order came the starter, it was wrong but I think it was just a mis communication between me and the staff. They were very warm and friendly and served the correct starter very quickly. The atmosphere was nice and relaxing. Service was very good. The cost of the meal was very reasonable

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We ate here once on our holiday to Olhos d' Agua, the first time we went to Albufeira old town ( 24/5/13 ), choosing it because I recognised it from Tripadvisor. We all had garlic bread with cheese to start (there are loads of different types of garlic bread here ) which was fine. Our 9 yr old son had the kids margarita pizza for main which was full-size & he really enjoyed. My husband had a huge plate of creamy tagliatelle with ham & mushrooms which was delicious though quite expensive. The "shouty man " who gets people to come in said I could have the lasagne & salad at the lunchtime offer price as it was just before this offer ended & it was very tasty, not that big but more authentic than the lasagne I had at Fratellis in Olhos. ( By the way we wern't really bothered by the "shouty man's" constant noise but some people were. ) I wish we had ended our meal here as we were tempted by the deserts but these turned out to be a big let-down. Our son loves chocolate cake so ordered this but it turned out to be a very rich, flat chocolate tart, far too sickly. Likewise my hubbie's "strawberry cake" was another flat strawberry tart, rather disapointing & my tiramisu was the most tasteless tiramisu I've ever had. We did find it was a bit expensive & would say stick to main courses if you go.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Had fairly high expectations of this place. Had table inside by open window, ended up being quite cold so asked for window to be closed. People sat outside were smoking and could clearly see this was annoying family with young children, fair enough, not enough space between tables to avoid smoke. Overall food and service was good not the best food ever, pasta dishes huge, too much to eat really and VERY rich. I love four cheese pasta but it was just too rich and so was spag. Carbonara. Pork with mushroom sauce lovely. Sangria too weak for my liking. LOL!!! Clean restaurant and good staff. Would we return.....not sure.