“our favorite”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2013

on our first evening in Algarve we stumbled accross this local, cozy place and are so happy we did! Chef is an impressive man with an obvious passion and talent for local food. We loved spending time in his restaurant and chatting with the lovely waitress Sandra. They made us feel welcomed and at home. The place soothes warmth and feeling that you are in someones home rather than in a restaurant.
Our major agenda was to stay off the tourist trap and any restaurant that featured a ' tourist' menu was off our map right away. That is why we loved this place. The total opposit of commercial crap. Why would you want to go to Portugal and eat a pizza or a burger? We wanted things that locals cook in their kitchen and we got it here.
lots of surprises here - carrots with garlic combo for starters, cod prepared in a local way, shrimp in sweet and spicy sauce, seafood pasta loaded with all types of fruits de mare....yum, yum, yum...and not to mention our favorite - baba de carmel - a dessert which made our hearts melt! We loved everything about this place and in the short time that we stayed in Algarve, we managed to return there for three times!
You must find this place when in Algarve! And say hello to Sandra from us!
Big thanks to you guys for making us feel so special in your restaurant!

1  Thank Ieva P

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The best resturant in Algave!
My wife and I first went there in the summer of 2011 - in fact, on the opening day.
And has again visited it in this summer.
Both times great meal and great service - amazing local Portuguese cuisine with a modern twist and a good selection of great wines.
We will certainly go back again

Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I were in search of some local food, being the middle of the afternoon we stumbled accross this gem. On arrival the waiter was very pleasant and explained what the daily special was, we both took his word for it and ordered some bread and olives to start. Also, I am not a fan of rice which he said was included with main, but said it was no problem to swap for potatoes, chip or pasta.
He brought us our dinks and produced a large basket of bread and an assortment of entries including garlic marinated carrot salad, crab salad and olives. All of which were so fresh and fantastic. Our mains arrived and were so well cooked with extreme care and full of flavour. 3 large bowls accompanied these. One large bowl of rocket and mixed salad properly dressed, one of proper chips(not those cheap stringy things) and another of rice. All this
was devoured. Our bill was very cheap at approx 19 euro. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank dahubbz
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I could have no complaints the food was excelent and cooked to perfection I will certainly go back again

Reviewed October 16, 2012

a lovely restaurant in Sta Eulalia ( albufeira )
I went here with my wife and family,
it was the only restaurant were there was no-one trying to pull you in
we asked the waiter on the terras was the food any good, he looked at us and said of-course
and he was right the meal was great, this is a small family run restaurant and the chef ( matos ) takes pride in his work, his wife runs the restaurant and everybody was real friendly and pleasant
The meal itself was lovely. I myself had shrimps and they were very nice with a little garlic and chili sauce followed by a fish soup with fresh localy caught fish , The sirloin steak that followed was incredible ,( its nice for a change to find a chef who understands what the term blue means)
to round of the meal we had homemade custard and cream and to wash it all down we had a few bottles of red wine from the albufera region,
compliments to all the staff, and the next time i'm in Albufeira I will make sure to visit the restaurant

regards , Frits Sneltjes