“Best food in Albufeira”

Ranked #71 of 871 Restaurants in Albufeira
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Perhaps one of the most beautiful restaurants in Albufeira, Castelo do Mar boasts unique sea and Marina views, outside terraces and a relaxed ambience in an elegant setting. Our ecletic menu offers dishes of meats, fish, saeafood and vegetarian. Our ROOFTOP CHAMPAGNE & COCKTAIL BAR provides an elegant space to enjoy sunset cocktails and spectacular sea and Marina views before or after dining or for relaxing drinks only. An ideal venue for all occasions. If you have taken the time to write a review and we have not responded to it please accept our apologies. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to do so and offer our sincere thanks.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I spotted the restaurant during an earlier trip in January, and were pleased to see it open on our return a week ago.
We received a very friendly welcome from Johann and found the atmosphere and ambience very much what we were looking for.
We consider this restaurant to deserve five stars in every category as it serves truly memorable dishes at a most reasonable price. The service is also excellent,and we had a great time there on four separate occasions.
My wife said that it was the best food that she had ever tasted in Portugal, and I have to agree. Quality and presentation were outstanding.
If you are in the area , don't miss this place!

4  Thank Philip S

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We read about this place before we went on holiday to albuferia and walked there on a Sunday to find it closed, but I should really have checked the opening times prior to going there, it is only open for a six day week in April. We returned two days later as it was only a 15min walk from our hotel on the other side of the old town square and we were not disappointed, it has great views of the harbour. It was quiet but we eat early as we have a two yr old. We were warmly greater and my son got a small toy to keep him busy, the food was excellent and I would highly reccommend the ibieran pork which was extremely tender, we never quite managed the full main course as they had fairly hearty portions. There was a 25% discount on the wine at the time which was a good offer. Price wise it was cheaper that some of the places in the old town square and miles better quality and chioce than the omelate/fryups/etc plus chips options we seen in larger parts of the town. I would definetly revisit this place if I go back to the area.

1  Thank Neil M
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were staying by the marina and would pass this restaurant everyday when we walked to the beach or Old Town. It looks beautiful from the outside and it has wonderful views over the marina and the sea as it is on top of the hill. We always talked about going there one night and I'm so thankful we decided to because the food was absolutely fantastic! The interior is very stylish and sophisticated but not snobby in the slightest (some alliteration for you there). It's just a calming and wonderful atmosphere and the staff were lovely too. It has something for everyone: vegetarians, meat lovers and seafood enthusiasts. Even something as simple as the home-made burger was tasty, my boyfriend said it was the best burger he has ever had in his life! That's a big statement coming from him because he loves his burgers and bacon! I had the seafood risotto which was delicious with a salmon fillet on top. I was craving for a creamy seafood risotto all holiday so I was happy I found it. Our other friend said he absolutely loved his chicken curry and even took leftovers home. The selection of wine is wonderful as well, they sell the Cliff Richard one (He has a vineyard just outside of Albufeira) but we didn't try it, we had a beautiful local red wine instead. There was a discount for the wine as well which no one could ever be upset about but even if there wasn't it was still a good and reasonable price. We all loved it and have vowed to go back and visit. If you're staying in Albufeira, it is well worth the 5 minute walk from Old Town and I highly recommend it.

2  Thank missmather
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stumbled upon this great restaurant whilst walking to the marina from the old town and what a great find it was! Service was fantastic from start to finish, Johan was great, friendly conversation and recommendations and ensured we had second to none service. Food was superb, could not fault it at all. Great local wine selection too. Great setting and atmosphere. Paul the owner was great to talk to, he really does have a restaurant to be extremely proud of. Can't wait for our next visit to the Algarve and Castelo do Mar!

3  Thank 549SarahH
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was customer since it was down Castelo do Bisbo and with new management and some changes it's still very good!
I can't fault anything and for previous review that restaurant have to have British menu would put me off coming! There's So called STRIP for it if one one wants apple same or some British bacon...I look on my holidays authentic and my friends as well& that's why we go on holiday!
Hopefully no big changes and the place will stay as good as it is so far!
will look forward to return in few months :)

1  Thank londres40