“Poor knowledge, what science?”
Review of Dolphins Driven

Dolphins Driven
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Dolphins Driven has been providing great sea adventures for over 10 years. Working together with preservation projects, we keep records of dolphins and whales sightings. Our guests will have the opportunity to experience the natural beauty of Algarve's coastline and rich sea life.
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I was looking forward to this as an alternative to the dolphin circus advertised everywhere and I enjoy science and marine biology. However, when I joined the trip I was disappointed to get advised to visit zoomarine to see dolphins!! - if we didn't see them that day. The whole point of coming on this trip was to see them in the wild (not captivity!) and learn a little about their behaviour and the pods in the area. I felt that the staff didn't know as much about the dolphins as I would have expected from "researchers" and I didn't get a clear answer of what science that they were doing, when I asked I got a confused response?? There was a lot more information about the dolphins habits that could have been covered, I took from the adverts it was going to be like a sea safari - you get a nature guide or mini lecture from someone who knows the subject in detail.
I didn't mind that we didn't see any dolphins (you can't predict nature) it was nice to be at sea and the caves were beautiful, we were all given lifejackets so I felt very safe at all times. We also got a chance to have a dip in the water at one point. It wasn't a bad boat trip, it was still very enjoyable but it just wasn't what was advertised and therefore what I was expecting. Moral of this one, don't expect too much and you will probably be pleasantly surprised.

1  Thank noonooninanoo
in 15 reviews
"dolphin watching"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

My son was a little nervous doing this but the tour guides reassured him continuously through our time, give us lots of information!! Had some fantastic photos would deffinatly recommend taking a camera!!:) don't think it's suitable for young children but a wonderful experience !!

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Seeing the dolphins was great, the sea was a bit choppy but it was still fun. The caves were ok, would of been better if we traveled through them rather than just going in and then back out again, but still some nice views in the caves. Wouldn't recommend it for children under about 5.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

A very well run company and proffesional staff .Could not do enough for there guests. Very informative and answered any questions that were asked during our trip.

2  Thank CarolandBill552009
See more reviews
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Not being a great swimmer and quite scared of the open sea I must admit I was very sceptical about this excursion but my kids and husband were so keen to do it and I didn't want to be a party pooper, so I agreed to it. One of the best decisions I've made, it was fantastic! lasts 2.5 hours which I thought was excellent value for money. It was amazing seeing the dolphins come so close to the boat, and the caves were amazing too. We got the chance to stop and dip in the sea, which I didn't do but my hubby did. It was just dreamy. I would definitely recommend and if we'd had enough money left at the end of our holiday I'd have booked to do it again.