“mixed bag”

Jo Jo's Restaurante
Ranked #689 of 871 Restaurants in Albufeira
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant and Pizzeria, close to Fishermans Beach and Bar Street, Fabulous food
Reviewed August 21, 2013

we ate here twice - first time all was great, second time was very poor - hence average rating. The second time two of us on a table of 7 had the steak on a hot plate, but they only gave us one hot plate that got cold. There was no-one around to ask for another one. Also notably on second visit the chef must have been different and the amount of spices, chilli etc used was ramped up dramatically from first visit.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I just spent two weeks in Albufeira and were unimpressed with the food. My husband is a "Red Seal" chef and I myself work in the wine industry. We spend a lot of time in restaurants and hotels and were excited to spend some time in the Algarve eating local dishes. YES I understand it is a tourist trap and a lot of restaurants are not concerned about a repeat visit. We went to Jo Jo's purely for location and were blown away by the honest and attentive service. When ordering a bottle of wine the server after understanding my needs led me to a less expensive bottle. I so much appreciate a server that is not worried about a Euro or two and is just looking to please the guest! We ordered dinner - I had the Blackened Pork with orange Sauce and my husband had lamb. It was very tasty! The salad was 3 Euro and giant. After dinner we requested some Brandy and another server came over to make a recommendation. Again, well done! We left very happy with our experience. We revisited Jo Jo's a few more times to night cap on their patio. The servers and managers remembered us and were very grateful for our patronage.
I do know that in Canada where we are from we tip on service, usually 20% plus. I did not feel that the staff here were sizing up our dollars, they just had respect for their restaurant and respect for their guests! Well done guys! Cheers

1  Thank Wineagentabroad
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The food was okay. We have however eaten much better food at other restaurants at much lower cost. When the bill arrived Lisa the owner charged us for four main courses when we only had three! If it were not for my friend she would have got away with it! Go elsewhere if you want a decent meal and do not want to be ripped off in the process.

2  Thank Elisabetta S
Reviewed May 26, 2013

granpa and shelia were hungry BRIEDY AND LIAMcame wih us we ordery a meal we got beef '/ we got could not eat or chew complained 2 staff they were arrogant nobody shoud visit jo jos price is a rip off the STAFF ARE IGNORANT @ The TWINS were not happy @

3  Thank binman121
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Very friendly English spoken restuarant. Food was good and restuarant had a nice roof teerace to dine on.