“Nice restaurant.....”

Louisiana Restaurant
Ranked #230 of 871 Restaurants in Albufeira
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Roasting hot night, ....table at front overlooking beach....best ever shellfish cataplana...What else could you ask for? Also very friendly helpful staff, reasonable prices and live entertainment. Worth a visit.

1  Thank holidaytrish

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I love this resteraunt ribs=delisious we went two years in a trot and they where great for birthdays the go all out such a good resteraunt

1  Thank shaunm39
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We'd paved the streets of Albufeira Old Town, looking for somewhere that would cater for a vegetarian other than an omelette, and a meat/fish eater. This place had a few items on the menu and looked clean. The food was very poor. The veggie burger probably came from Iceland and was stone cold in the middle. The Piri Piri chicken was bland. I suppose the Albert Square sign was a give-away as to the type of place it was-shame we hadn't seen when we first sat down. We wouldn't visit again-the one next door looked slightly better.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Hubby and me always visit here on hols,be it for coffee,lunch as it is so lovely to sit here and just watch the world go by,lunch menu great and price good.Staff lovely especially nella.Always very busy during the day and great atmosphere,looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

On a recent holiday in Albufeira we decided to try Louisiana. Louisiana is situated facing the main beach of Albufeira, it (like the majority of all restaurants in Albufeira) has a great outdoor seating area. The server that brought us to our table was really friendly and greeted us with a great smile, she ensured that we had plenty of room for the stroller we had with us, the place was pretty empty relative to the adjoining restaurants (to be honest I didn't really think much about it at the time). We ordered the octopus salad, chicken piri piri & the special of the day; lamb chops. The octopus salad was very tasty albeit lacking in seasoning (but this was easily rectified with a twist of the salt & pepper mill), the octopus itself cooked very well & not at all chewy or overcooked. The chicken piri piri was well flavoured but to be honest was more of a lunch portion & I was left a little hungry after it, my partners lamb chops came to the rescue; there were five perfectly cooked meaty chops served with a fresh mint sauce it was the highlight of the meal. We ordered the almond tart to finish, it was ok but I got the impression that it was not made on the premises (it had a ready made taste to it) we left Louisiana with a pretty good impression & agreed to go again before the end of our stay. We kept our promise to revisit Louisiana & what a mistake that was; we arrived at c. 8pm & again the place was empty but the lady greeting customers was very friendly & said that we could sit wherever we liked; we chose a table for 4 at the front of the restaurant for 2 reasons; 1 we would have an unobstructed view of the beach & 2, there was plenty of room for our stroller. We sat down & a waiter set the table (it didn't register with me at the time that the table wasn't set), he gave us the menus; my partner asked if the waiter could tell us what the specials were (given that 3 days earlier my partner really enjoyed the lamb special) he said "fish is special" & left (no mention of what type of fish was being served); he arrived back after a few minutes to take our drink order, I asked for a well known Portuguese Rosé to which he smirked & raised his eyes; I thought I was seeing things so I repeated my order to the waiter & he smirked again, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I asked the waiter if my order was ok? to which he said "for me no" and smirked "but for you is ok", I was in a state of absolute shock. I turned to my partner & said shall we leave & she immediately said yes. We got up and told the waiter we were leaving, he couldn't have cared less (my partner remarked after we left that the waiter seemed to have an issue with setting the table for us, possibly this is was caused the bad attitude, I appreciate it was an over the top expectation for a waiter to set a table...); It was now crystal clear why the place was empty on both occasions we were there (when the adjoining restaurants we all doing a great trade), clearly other customers has been exposed to this charming waiter & were voting with their feet. As we left the restaurant the greeter from the adjoining restaurant "Cabana Fresca" asked if everything was ok as he had witnessed us leaving, he was shocked by our treatment & said "you are always welcome to eat with us, & you can drink whatever you wish" with a big smile; we ended up eating at Cabana Fresca" & we had a great night. Keep clear of Louisiana, the manner in which we were treated was absolutely disgusting & is probably some of the worst we have been treated in any restaurant.