“Going back? You bet we are”
Review of Ondamar Aparthotel

Ondamar Aparthotel
Ranked #42 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed at Ondamar 28 Sept - 5 Oct 2013. Already looking forward to returning next year. The locaton of the apartments for The Strip and Old Town was perfect. The appartments themselves were spacious (stayed in a 1 bed appt), well appointed and very clean. The maids were first class, cleaning the appts and changing the towels every day. Sure there was some noise, but the worst we encountered was from the large complex behind and local youths one morning. Plenty of room around the pool with no shortage of sunbeds. Nice Pool Bar open on the sunny days (which made sense). The presentation of the Evening Meals in the restaurant were a joy to behold. Creme Brulee to die for. As one gets used to the layout it is easy to get around the Ondamar, abeit having to negotiate a flight of steps down to the pool area. The Reception, maids, bar staff etc were always very friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul M
There are newer reviews for Ondamar Aparthotel

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for the second time and wow how they managed to exceed our expectations yet again!
Staff are so friendly and welcoming.
Room 007 was an upgrade and so spacious in comparison to the studio we booked last time. Rooms are a tad dated but the beautiful pool view makes it un necessary,
The only adjustment we could suggest is entertainment in the hotel was nil but then again you're only a 10 minute walk from both the strip and old town!
The bar has been updated since our last visit but Andreas cocktails were still as amazing as last year!
As a young couple it was a perfect choice especially on a budget!
Couldn't recommend the hotel enough.
Thanks to the ondamar team.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Micheal C
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed at Ondamar aparthotel 19-26 sept 2013. great hotel, the apartment accommodation was large/spacious, spotlessly clean and was cleaned&/towel changes every day, Staff throughout the hotel from reception to maid service etc was excellent, very friendly.
Fabulous pool area with great pool bar area and staff were great, lovely tranquil garden area too.
we stayed B&B, and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food as it was English hot breakfast of simple bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and beans, nicely cooked and prepared and also the usual Portuguese cold buffet breakfast too,both tasty and no complaints
10 minute straight walk to the strip, and approx 15 min downhill stroll to old Town, or approx 4 euros in taxi. I would recommend this Hotel

Room Tip: ask for street level or above as all rooms have pool view, but from the balcony the pool area is 2 f...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed in the ondamar hotel in September for 4 nights, at check in we were given apartment 124. As we came out at the top of the stairsb behind reception we could faintly hear a humming noise, as we got closer to our room the noise was so loud. Inside the bedroom with the shutters & windows closed the noise was still clear to hear. Apartment 124 & surrounding apartments are directly facing the Paraisio Hotel & it appeared to me the noise we were subjected to is there generators or airconditioning system r something similar. It sound like a tractor running idle constantly only more so at night as there is no other noise around to drown it out. At 8:00am the Paraisio lawnmowers are clear to hear & shortly after that the pool radio can be heard. From the balcony of the aprtment to the right there is a big steel tank that also makes noise to the left is the pool house which also makes noise. I totally understand that hotels need this type of equipment but when nothing is done to ensure they do not disturb guests holidays. Both of these noises were not too difficult as the bedrooms are away from these. The moment we arrived at the partment we went back to reception requesting a new apartment due to the noise, we were told the hotel was fully booked & could not move for 2 nights. The next morning we again went to reception & Hugo who was most helpful told us the hotel is aware of the noise & have raised it with the town council. We did move apartment after 2 nights to the other side of the hotel no. 109, apart from traffice noise this apartment was fine. Ondamar Hotel really need to do some major sound proofing of apartments facing The Paraisio, only that we had prepaid through a third party for our stay I would not have paid for the 2 nights we were in no. 124. The size of the apartments are very good and very well maintained, the location is also a bonus but the noise is totally unacceptable. These apartments are not suitable for restful, enjoyable & relaxing holidays.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank yayao
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed in the Ondamar hotel for 10 days with my family in September. We previously stayed here back in August 2012 and it was brilliant! Which is why we booked again. When we stayed there this time, it was nowhere near the standard it was previously at. The pool area and pool side was never cleaned and it was black with dirt. The bins were over flowing and the smell of suage was disgusting. We, along with another family we met who stayed there, had an ear infection due to the dirty pool water. The water fountains were never switched on, and the atmosphere in the bar was horrible. No entertainment what so ever! We made our way to the indoor pool on a day which was quite cold, and we found a crab in the indoor pool! It was literally crawling along the bottom. We brought it to the attention of the reception staff and they said they would send someone down to remove it. We literally were shocked, we couldnt believe there was a crab in the pool! Indoor pool! Which means it probably wasnt cleaned in a while. The equipment in the GYM doesnt even switch on! We orderded a big meal in the snackbar and i was 3 cent short and the bar staff refused to serve us our food until we got the 3 cent. After spending over 2,000 at the hotel, dont you think they would let you off with 3 cent? They were horribly rude. Rooms are very dated, but in all fairness, they were very clean, and maids were in every 2 days. But apart from that the stay was honestly dissapointing. Location was great though, but it was near the road, our hotel room, so it was noisy. Never again though, honestly the hotel has gone downhill.. Big time! I do NOT reccommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank HolidayLover2020
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Great that it is about 10\15 minute walk from both the new two on the left of they Hotel and the same distance if you take a right when u come out if the hotel to go to the old town , great location , wifi all over the hotel in lobby and it's not bad 20 euro for the week to pay for Wifi in the room , you don't mind paying that , never ate in the hotel so I can't say what the food is like went from a one bedroom to a two bedroom appartment way more spacious and worth the extra money , loved the pool but need more holiday chairs as ppl tend to put towels down on the early in the morning and go away for the day so when u come down all the bed are taken !!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kate H
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel is not a four star hotel. We stayed for 10 days. The pool and pool side area was never cleaned. Parasols were ripped and dirty, cover of the sunbeds were ripped and absolutely filthy. The sun beds were full of dirt around the sides of the beds. The floor around the pool was black with dirt and grime. There was a dirty nappy left on the side of the kids pool for hours. Half way through the holiday after asking the reception staff to send someone to clean the pool area because I was really concerned this was turning in to a health issue. I asked to discuss these problems with the manager. I brought him around the pool area and pointed out all of these dirty, filthy faults and I explained I thought it was a health issue. . After my complaint and many other peoples complaints about the dirt and grime He changed one parasol. In my opinion the manager really did not seem to care. The proof of this was, the pool area was still never cleaned.. Three of our party had an ear infection after playing in the hotel pool. My husband was in bed for two days with ear pain. I reported this to manager he still did not seem to care or clean pool area, The room we stayed in smelt of sick for two days. the noise of the lifts drove us all crazy day and night. The cupboard door of the dishwasher fell off the first time I used it and bruised my arm. The water went off in the hotel for hours. I washed my hair and put a colour on my hair I did not know water had gone off. I had to wrap a hotel towel around my hair. The next day reception called my room and wanted to charge me 50 euro for usage of the towel. The lifts broke down. I reported all of this during our stay to the manager and to the hotel reception staff. I can only suggest that the owner of this hotel needs to do a spot check and clean it up. As soon as I know how to upload my photos I will. I just want to let people know as soon as possible the dirtiness and grime of this hotel. The man that cleaned the lifts was very polite and friendly. The bar staff were very friendly polite and really nice..

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the lift. It growls day and night
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family