I have just returned from 2 weeks with a friend, staying in a studio in the only block which appears to directly overlook the beach. Gorgeous views and very quiet (really would not like a room overlooking the noisy pool or gardens). Although the studio was on the small side, it did us two girls fine for two weeks - I don't understand anyone who spends a great deal of time indoors on holiday anyway?! The balcony was one of the largest I've ever had on holiday - large enough for a table, two chairs, an umbrella AND two full size sun-loungers. Great if you don't feel like making the 30 second walk to the beach. Didn't venture up to the pool at all except to get a newspaper/water from the kiosk. Bit too many kids at the pool for my liking, but I am not complaining as it is a family-orientated hotel. The beach area is gorgeous and the weather at the time we went (last week in June, first week in July) was great - hot but with a gentle breeze. Although, I found the weather at night on our first week a bit cool and was glad I had taken a light cardigan. Second week a lot warmer at night. True that the rooms don't have air-con, however, the fan in out room was extremely powerful and I'd just like to point out that it can be SET to go off after a certain time, to swivel, different powers etc. For those who found it kept going off after 2 hours - why not reset it and take it off the timer?!!
Anyway, the resort itself was great. We were two girls aged 24 and 30, but found that there were lots of nice restaurants for eating - but also a fair selection of bars etc for when the families and the buggies had eventually cleared the pavements by midnight. I would also like to reiterate a point made previously - ladies, DO NOT take any stilletto heels! The entire strip is cobbled, slippery and uneven - we spent a lot of time watching people who were clearly having difficulty traversing the strip in sky-high heels!
Finally, we never ONCE walked up the steep hill that everyone seems to comment on. There is a lift in the block next to the pool which will take you up to the top level (level 9), and from there you are a 5 minute walk on flat ground to the strip. If you can't find it yourself, ask at reception. The CPO staff were wonderful and the entire place was extremely well looked after. I unfortunately was extremely ill in my second week (possibly water or food poisoning - am still waiting for test results and am still off work at the moment), but we never ate or drank in any of the CPO bars or restaurants so they cannot be blamed. Because our second week was slightly spoilt, but our first week was so brilliant, we are already booking for the same two weeks next year! One of the best holidays I've had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This extensive resort is located in Praia da Oura in Albufeira and features 2 renovated outdoor swimming pools, tropical gardens and a bowling green. It offers direct access to Praia da Oura beach, less than 200 meters away.The property is a great family destination but also perfect for couples or groups looking for an entertaining and lively beach holiday.All apartments at the Clube Praia da Oura have a private furnished balcony which have views over either the Atlantic Ocean, swimming pools & gardens or the resort.The apartments feature a fully equipped kitchenette, en suite bathroom with hairdryer and a seating and dining area with satellite TV.With a 24-hour completely renovated reception and lobby bar/café, the multilingual reception staff can book tours, airport transfers and the hotel shuttle service to the centre of Albufeira. There is also a Golf desk available where all golf courses in the Algarve can be booked.Jac’s Restaurant serves an à la carte menu of a variety of international and national dishes. Guests can relax and have a drink at our Ocean Bar with views over the ocean or Bowling Green or enjoy the Pool bar. There is a daily entertainment program available and evening entertainment options include theme nights, live music and karaoke.Guests can enjoy a variety of different dining options at our restaurants in our sister resorts, a 5 minutes’ walk away.The main entertainment area of Albufeira is a 5 minute walk away.Clube Praia da Oura is 40 minutes’ drive from Faro Airport and just over 3 km from the old town centre of Albufeira. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Muthu Clube Praia da Oura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clube Praia Da Oura Hotel Albufeira
- Clube Praia Da Oura Albufeira
- Oura Albufeira
- Muthu Clube Praia Da Oura Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve