I visited here early March with a tour group. Arriving at 10 am we were not expecting reception to be very helpful but we got checked in and most of us got rooms straight away. When I got to my room I found the builders were next door and the constant banging & drilling got to me. I asked at reception about the builders working hours to be told 8 - 8 and when I said there was no way I could cope with that she immediately checked for another room for me and I was allocated one in a quieter part of the resort. The apartments are well kitted out, spotlessly clean and I found mine to be perfectly spacious enough for one person, although I believe some of the apartments were rather smaller and had pull down beds.
My package included breakfast & buffet evening meal and the breakfast looked fine (I didn't eat much in the mornings) and the evening buffet had a great range of food - if you liked the style on the night, eg Chinese, Indian, etc and unfortunately the food did not appeal to me but the hotel can't be blamed for my taste and I managed to fill up on something! There is an a la carte menu but I have no idea what it was like.
The grounds are gorgeous and the resort really is on the beach. There are two sun terraces which probably would not be adequate in peak season but in March it was easy to get a lounger at any time of day. My balcony did not catch the sun so I made use of the terraces although I didn't sit around much as that is not what I go on holidays for. I've seen other reviews talking about using balconies for privacy but not all balconies are private - those on the ground floor are closed but have footpaths in front of them and those on the upper floors are not closed to the front and the other apartment dwellers must pass by to access their own apartments, so if you want total privacy do not take a top floor apartment.
There is free wifi in the reception area and it was adequate for most peoples needs while on holiday. There was also entertainment every evening, certainly not everyone's taste but you can't please everyone.
The best thing about the resort was the staff, having interacted with plenty of them during the stay, I can honestly say that they were all lovely. Nothing was too much trouble, they were all friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This extensive resort is located in Praia da Oura in Albufeira and features 2 renovated outdoor swimming pools, tropical gardens and a bowling green. It offers direct access to Praia da Oura beach, less than 200 meters away.The property is a great family destination but also perfect for couples or groups looking for an entertaining and lively beach holiday.All apartments at the Clube Praia da Oura have a private furnished balcony which have views over either the Atlantic Ocean, swimming pools & gardens or the resort.The apartments feature a fully equipped kitchenette, en suite bathroom with hairdryer and a seating and dining area with satellite TV.With a 24-hour completely renovated reception and lobby bar/café, the multilingual reception staff can book tours, airport transfers and the hotel shuttle service to the centre of Albufeira. There is also a Golf desk available where all golf courses in the Algarve can be booked.Jac’s Restaurant serves an à la carte menu of a variety of international and national dishes. Guests can relax and have a drink at our Ocean Bar with views over the ocean or Bowling Green or enjoy the Pool bar. There is a daily entertainment program available and evening entertainment options include theme nights, live music and karaoke.Guests can enjoy a variety of different dining options at our restaurants in our sister resorts, a 5 minutes’ walk away.The main entertainment area of Albufeira is a 5 minute walk away.Clube Praia da Oura is 40 minutes’ drive from Faro Airport and just over 3 km from the old town centre of Albufeira. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Muthu Clube Praia da Oura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clube Praia Da Oura Hotel Albufeira
- Clube Praia Da Oura Albufeira
- Oura Albufeira
- Muthu Clube Praia Da Oura Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve