I stayed in this hotel on a half board basis in the month of October. It is a very large hotel of 550 bedrooms based a 5 minute walk from the strip & approx 3 kilometers from the main town Albufeira. It is well located as it is within easy reach of a number of beaches, bars, restaurants, & late night disco bars. There is a supermarket 5 minutes from the hotel, a bus stop for the old town directly behind the hotel & only a ten minute walk to the bus stop for Faro as well as several other destinations. You can also book various bus trips & other activities from booking offices close by.
The room i was given was good sized with 2 single beds [somewhat on the narrow size & a little firm] each supplied with only one pillow. It had its own kitchenette which was well kitted out.The en suite was adequate but was lacking in toiletries.I approached a cleaning staff member who supplied me extra toiletries without any fuss.The room had a good quality flat screen TV which included a decent selection of English channels & a bonus of a DVD player,The room had a fine balcony with table & chairs.Minus bits were having to share the room with tiny ants & no air conditioning.
Te hotel has a fine swimming pool which was kept spotless & situated next to the bar/restaurant area.
They also had a fine restaurant which served a excellent breakfast with a good selection of goodies.Unfortunately the included dinner which was served buffet style did not match up. The 1st night had a Indian theme which was good but the quality of the food for the remainder of the week somewhat deteriorated. One thing that was very annoying was the desk at the enterance of the restaurant which was manned by only one person which often meant there was often a wait of 5 to 10 minutes for people both entering & leaving the restaurant.The restaurant staff were excellent.They were hard working & did their best to sort any issues that arose.
In the evenings they usually had music in the bar area & the bar staff always had a smile for their costumers.The price of drinks at the hotel is generally more expensive than the surrounding bars especially during the day as most bars reduced their prices during this period.
There may be some minus points but there are a lot of good points to this hotel.Generally it is well maintained with a pleasant hard working staff.They state that they are upgrading the hotel which is good to hear.Would I stay here again & the answer probably would be yes but I would prefer to try & get a hotel in the main town Albufeira.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This extensive resort is located in Praia da Oura in Albufeira and features 2 renovated outdoor swimming pools, tropical gardens and a bowling green. It offers direct access to Praia da Oura beach, less than 200 meters away.The property is a great family destination but also perfect for couples or groups looking for an entertaining and lively beach holiday.All apartments at the Clube Praia da Oura have a private furnished balcony which have views over either the Atlantic Ocean, swimming pools & gardens or the resort.The apartments feature a fully equipped kitchenette, en suite bathroom with hairdryer and a seating and dining area with satellite TV.With a 24-hour completely renovated reception and lobby bar/café, the multilingual reception staff can book tours, airport transfers and the hotel shuttle service to the centre of Albufeira. There is also a Golf desk available where all golf courses in the Algarve can be booked.Jac’s Restaurant serves an à la carte menu of a variety of international and national dishes. Guests can relax and have a drink at our Ocean Bar with views over the ocean or Bowling Green or enjoy the Pool bar. There is a daily entertainment program available and evening entertainment options include theme nights, live music and karaoke.Guests can enjoy a variety of different dining options at our restaurants in our sister resorts, a 5 minutes’ walk away.The main entertainment area of Albufeira is a 5 minute walk away.Clube Praia da Oura is 40 minutes’ drive from Faro Airport and just over 3 km from the old town centre of Albufeira. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Muthu Clube Praia da Oura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clube Praia Da Oura Hotel Albufeira
- Clube Praia Da Oura Albufeira
- Oura Albufeira
- Muthu Clube Praia Da Oura Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve