“Getting better as time goes on.!”

Muthu Clube Praia da Oura
Ranked #81 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We go here every Jan.-Feb.( Since 2006 at least ). Since that time, many structural improvements have been carried out. And still are, if the grinding,and hammering are taken into account. The explanation being," it is more practical in the LOW period to carry out these improvements".Fair enough.! But as we went out on trips etc., every morning,( local buses very plentiful and cheap), we accepted this,as a minor inconvenience. The sun got around to our patio approx 1230pm daily, where there are table and chairs, and 2 sun loungers.
The complex has very recently been sold by Petchey's, to a Singapore based entrepeneur. And already the new owners have got the landscaping of the grounds superbly organised. Our Apt.661 was ready for our occupation on our arrival, at 1100am. Spotless clean. This ranged from the s/c kitchen fittings and utensils, to the ironing board and various electrical goods. And for all you ' soap' followers out there, BBC, ITV & Ch.4 are freely available on the TV set. There's an abundance of eating places within easy reach of the complex. The tourist menus all about the same price. A 3 course lunch, with a drink incl. around 9 to 10 euros. There's a perfect bowling 'green'. This is just 100yds. or so from the easily accessible beach. But a 20min. trip on the bus,( 1.40c), from the road outside CPO,into the town of Albufeira is well worth the visit. Our favourite little restaurant there is " O Catriao". In a little backstreet just off the main square. Soup,main course(choice of 3), pudding( choices also), a drink(wine/beer etc.), then coffee. Finally before the bill, a small glass of port. Compliments of the house. All for 9.50c. Various entertainment is provided each evening in the bars on the complex, if required.

Room Tip: Apts. overlooking the bowling green get all the afternoon sun. And afford splendid views along the b...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank William S
Petchey L, Manager at Muthu Clube Praia da Oura, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear guest, thank you for your informative review. It encourages us to improve and strive for the best service to all our guests.
We are sorry about the inconvenience of the noise we have caused you, we are indeed renovating and do most of this work in low season but it is important for us to know if the noise is an inconvenience so we can eventually move if we have availability to do so.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the future.

There are newer reviews for Muthu Clube Praia da Oura

Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Where to actually start for this hotel is the question. Well, I visited this beautiful hotel less than a week ago for a week break with my fiancé to celebrate our anniversary. Having read aome mixed reviews on here I thought I'd post mine here too for everyone to read. The Hotel is undoubtedly one of the best that I have ever stayed in, I stay in Hotels a lot as my job makes me travel, so yes I'd say I can tell 3* to 5* quite well and would fully agree with the 4* reputation that the hotel holds. The Hotel is in central location to the strip and has it's very own drop down to the sandy beach. Having decided to take a break out of season we had expected various places to visit or to do not to be possible... after all it is February. Naturally, the hotel was going to have thing's going on which in this visit disnt obstruct or disappoint myself or my fiancé - thw small pool near the beach bar was out of action... not a big issue (there is two more) the super market at the hotel was also being renovated for it to live up to the branded name for the hotel but again open my door and I'm heart beat away from the strip with loads of shops and super markets to chose from. There was one apartment being renovated near the pool area but it didn't cause us any issues, in fact let us see the hotels own desire to improve.

The hotel had daily and nightly entertainment for everyone from children to grand parents wanting to enjoy the bingo and listen to some live music in the Piano bar - I honestly couldn't fault the entertainment... I was pleased that it was still running out of season as it's often not the case! The cleaning tean speak limited English from what we experienced however, this didn't stop them trying to havw a chat and a laugh while soing our room three times in the week the other twice we got clean towels. The reception team were just fantastic with us telling us places we could go or what we could go and do - calling us a taxi and giving directions... made our visit really good fron the start. You can hire a safe for a week and it cost us 18€ which again knowing no matter what our stuff was safe was good enough for me. Let's not forget they have a number otger services and access points via other hotels (indoor swimming pool etc).

Eating... well your truly spolied for choice as your really central and have the hotel restaurant at your door step, Chinese to the right (I didn't dig it but I'm fussy at the best of times) spent most of our dinners at a place called Neto which is literally across from K blocks exit or the top of the hotels drive way entrance/exit. Neto had a great menu and really reasonable prices both of us could eat and have a drink for 21€ which is actually cheaper than being at home and always came with a larger portion so I'd say not to think your going to be hungry afterwards. As I said I didn't dig any of the Chinese restaurants but I fully admit I'm really fussy with food at times. Breakfast for us was got from Eddy's bar - a bug fry and and toast and beans with a soft drink waa only around 11€ so was hardly breaking the bank for a good meal to start the day.

Would I stay there a again, yes I would and intend to return in February next year.

I spent a full day researching this hotel before booking up and felt unsure but hand on heart would recommend it to everyone as its got a variety for all. Its only 30-40mins from the Airport which I booked a transfer from besttransfer4u / yellowfish - both that I would use again for there swiftness.

The hotel was great and I fully enjoyed my break - those reviews that it didn't live up to there expectations I'd say they are individual instances.

Hope this helps give an idea of the hotel and what it offers.

• Stayed: February 2013
13  Thank Ian B

Dear guest, thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Clube Praia da oura.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Just retuned home today after a week here and had a wonderful time. Had a beautiful one bedroom apartment that was more than adequate for my family's needs. Kids had a ball as did my partner and I. Already planning our return trip next year.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Mellie1979

Dear guest, many thanks for your review, your comments are most appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I arrived at cpo on Sunday 10th of Feb, we checked in and were given our keys, the bed was not made and dirty towels in sink! Room 2 was cleaner but very depressing by this time its nearly 1.30am so after trying to get food and failing we went to bed. In the morning we upgraded to a sea view for 25 euros which was well worth it. Service at jacs on the resort was terrible we waited 20mins for 2 orange juices, even though there was only 4 people in the place and when we got them they were slammed down on the table, the food was great though. The maid cleaned our room once all week, the tv failed to work(by this time we are just fed up complaining so we live with it) overall review is the place is lovely the views are awsome and out of this world but the staff are very rude and not helpful at all. I urge everyone to avoid this resort until the staff have all been through a teach me how to smile course.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank billycairns7
Petchey L, Manager at Muthu Clube Praia da Oura, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear guest, thank you for your review, it is very important to us. We are saddened to hear that you did not enjoy your holiday at our resort. Your comments about the waiting time in the restaurant and the staff have been sent to our Management team.
Our Head of Housekeeping and reception have also been informed about the state of your apartment when you arrived in our continuing effort to improve our service.
We hope to see you back at our resort some day.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The first time I went to Clube Praia da Oura was in 1984 and while there we bought a time share. Since then have been 13 times. Our time share is in K block and on the sunny side looking out to sea. We have sunshine all day, breakfast in the sun and evening drinks on the balcony in the sun. We have stayed in other apartments in the complex and some by the pool were very small, which we just had for a night prior to our week.
If you like walking along the beach you can walk for hours, come back by the road, have a meal along the way. You can walk in either direction but recently you have had to come back up on the road at times.
The facilities in the Clube are good, but have not used them much. The gardens are well kept and so is the accommodation. Each time I go out I see what changes have been made.
There is a great choice of restaurants around the area and one can avoid the Strip if one does not relish the noise.

Room Tip: If you like the sun, get one facing the sun - some apartments are in the shade all day, but that sui...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Margo37

Dear guest, thank you for your review.
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Clube Praia da Oura.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed here with family and it was a really nice place. The pools were great and the underground bar which had a window to the pool was a lovely touch.

The room itself was fine, and i througroughly enjoyed watching Titanic in Portugeuse (not sarcastic, i loved it) There was a small supermarket a very short walk away where you could pick up all the basics.

The beach was a nice stroll, and there was another pool on the way.

I would recommend for families as kids have a fab time here!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank E D
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We were looking for a cheap break away in February and booked the CPO which wasn't the kind of place we would normally book as it is a large complex. However from arrival to departure we couldn't fault the place. We paid for b & b and the breakfast buffet was excellent, catering for all tastes. We ate in Jac's restaurant on three separate occasions. Once for an inexpensive fish and chip meal, once for the 2 for 1 steak evening and on our last night for a special meal which was gorgeous. Being out of season there were mainly pensioners (as are we!), but I imagine that changes in season as the hotel is conveniently placed for "the strip". It is also a short bus ride from the old town (€1.40 each way). Local bus tickets can be purchased in bulk if you want to save some money and if you are taking 2 consecutive buses within 1 hour you can use the same ticket. We also took the bus from the bus terminal to Lagos and Loule. Another day we caught the bus to Faro which you can catch a short distance from the CPO (check with reception). Information about the towns we visited is on the "things to do in..." page of Trip Advisor. We had booked a studio apartment on line but paid a little extra for an upgrade on arrival and were given a lovely room on the 2nd floor overlooking the sea and the bowling green and our balcony was an afternoon suntrap. The twin beds were extremely comfortable. The kitchen facilities more than adequate. There was a bath as well as a shower and a TV with BBC1 and ITV and a DVD player.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple