We go here every Jan.-Feb.( Since 2006 at least ). Since that time, many structural improvements have been carried out. And still are, if the grinding,and hammering are taken into account. The explanation being," it is more practical in the LOW period to carry out these improvements".Fair enough.! But as we went out on trips etc., every morning,( local buses very plentiful and cheap), we accepted this,as a minor inconvenience. The sun got around to our patio approx 1230pm daily, where there are table and chairs, and 2 sun loungers.
The complex has very recently been sold by Petchey's, to a Singapore based entrepeneur. And already the new owners have got the landscaping of the grounds superbly organised. Our Apt.661 was ready for our occupation on our arrival, at 1100am. Spotless clean. This ranged from the s/c kitchen fittings and utensils, to the ironing board and various electrical goods. And for all you ' soap' followers out there, BBC, ITV & Ch.4 are freely available on the TV set. There's an abundance of eating places within easy reach of the complex. The tourist menus all about the same price. A 3 course lunch, with a drink incl. around 9 to 10 euros. There's a perfect bowling 'green'. This is just 100yds. or so from the easily accessible beach. But a 20min. trip on the bus,( 1.40c), from the road outside CPO,into the town of Albufeira is well worth the visit. Our favourite little restaurant there is " O Catriao". In a little backstreet just off the main square. Soup,main course(choice of 3), pudding( choices also), a drink(wine/beer etc.), then coffee. Finally before the bill, a small glass of port. Compliments of the house. All for 9.50c. Various entertainment is provided each evening in the bars on the complex, if required.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This extensive resort is located in Praia da Oura in Albufeira and features 2 renovated outdoor swimming pools, tropical gardens and a bowling green. It offers direct access to Praia da Oura beach, less than 200 meters away.The property is a great family destination but also perfect for couples or groups looking for an entertaining and lively beach holiday.All apartments at the Clube Praia da Oura have a private furnished balcony which have views over either the Atlantic Ocean, swimming pools & gardens or the resort.The apartments feature a fully equipped kitchenette, en suite bathroom with hairdryer and a seating and dining area with satellite TV.With a 24-hour completely renovated reception and lobby bar/café, the multilingual reception staff can book tours, airport transfers and the hotel shuttle service to the centre of Albufeira. There is also a Golf desk available where all golf courses in the Algarve can be booked.Jac’s Restaurant serves an à la carte menu of a variety of international and national dishes. Guests can relax and have a drink at our Ocean Bar with views over the ocean or Bowling Green or enjoy the Pool bar. There is a daily entertainment program available and evening entertainment options include theme nights, live music and karaoke.Guests can enjoy a variety of different dining options at our restaurants in our sister resorts, a 5 minutes’ walk away.The main entertainment area of Albufeira is a 5 minute walk away.Clube Praia da Oura is 40 minutes’ drive from Faro Airport and just over 3 km from the old town centre of Albufeira. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Muthu Clube Praia da Oura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clube Praia Da Oura Hotel Albufeira
- Clube Praia Da Oura Albufeira
- Oura Albufeira
- Muthu Clube Praia Da Oura Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve