We arrived at the hotel at approximately 12pm and there were 8 adults and 8 children under the age of 8.
When we arrived, we were told that three of the rooms were not available, one being available at 3pm and the other two at 4.30pm. We were also asked to pay a €100 deposit for any damages which we were not advised of when booking (through an agent). All 16 of us then had to leave our luggage in the friends room which was available which hindered them from getting settled.
Our room was very clean and well equipped as expected of a three star self catering apartment and they even provided an iron and board and washing up liquid and sponge which is rare.
When we first tried to use anything in the apartment, we had no electricity and I had to go down to reception to ask for assistance. We had two maintenance men arrive to sort it out within 10 minutes.
The same day, our friends experienced the same problem and maintenance were also sent to their room.
The following day, the same couple of friend's room which was available on check in suddenly turned into a time share and they were moved to a room on a floor which had no lift access to it. This was not good as my friend was 5 months pregnant and had two children ages 3 and 1.
On the third day, our other friends were broken in to. Their door was forced open with a crow bar and their safe was destroyed. They had all their money and equipment stolen from the safe but the hotel staff and management were very quick to act and ensured them that the safe company insured the hotel and their missing money would be available either the same day or the day after. They were advised by the hotel manager that they could borrow money from reception at any time until the safe company refunded them.
They were robbed on the sunday and it was not until wednesday afternoon that my friend stood in the hotel reception for 4 hours waiting for the safe company to attend the hotel. After 4 hours of waiting, he was then accused of performing the robbery himself because it happened so soon after they left the apartment that morning.
My friend had with him his partner and their three children and I find that to be accused of such an act was disgraceful.
After several hours of my friends being hauled up trying to prove their innocence, the safe company admitted that they thought they were telling the truth and handed them a letter dated two days previously which was signed off the day before with two thirds of the value of their stolen cash and equipment.
My friend was extremely upset and so were her children who had wondered where their parents were for nearly two hours.
Their treatment was absolutely diabolical and they had been pushed to the limit purely to see if they were lying.
On top if that, the rooms were cleaned on the second day of our stay then not cleaned until the fourth day by which time we had no loo roll. The room was then cleaned the day after which was the day before we left. On both occassions, the cleaner left our door unlocked and I went back to the room both times thinking we had been broken into obviously following on from what had happened to our friends.
On the second to last day the children's pool was closed for 'maintenance' and the adult pool was not really suitable for the age of some of the children we had with us. There were also no sun loungers around the childrens pool and we were unable to remove them from other parts of the hotel grounds.
On the second to last evening, one of the waiters in the pool bar was extremely rude when my friend asked for a glass for a drink for his partner. Then proceeded to walk of in a 'huff' and stare at my friend to make him feel uncomfortable. Needless to say, we did not spend much time at the hotel of an evening.
The reception staff were pleasant and the food in the al a carte restaraunt was delicious. The entertainment provided was good and children under 14 were welcome until 11 o'clock.
Other than the above, the hotel was well located and was just minutes from the beach. It was near to quite a few local restaraunts where we ate pretty well.
It is just a shame all the above occured and as we may have considered going again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This extensive resort is located in Praia da Oura in Albufeira and features 2 renovated outdoor swimming pools, tropical gardens and a bowling green. It offers direct access to Praia da Oura beach, less than 200 meters away.The property is a great family destination but also perfect for couples or groups looking for an entertaining and lively beach holiday.All apartments at the Clube Praia da Oura have a private furnished balcony which have views over either the Atlantic Ocean, swimming pools & gardens or the resort.The apartments feature a fully equipped kitchenette, en suite bathroom with hairdryer and a seating and dining area with satellite TV.With a 24-hour completely renovated reception and lobby bar/café, the multilingual reception staff can book tours, airport transfers and the hotel shuttle service to the centre of Albufeira. There is also a Golf desk available where all golf courses in the Algarve can be booked.Jac’s Restaurant serves an à la carte menu of a variety of international and national dishes. Guests can relax and have a drink at our Ocean Bar with views over the ocean or Bowling Green or enjoy the Pool bar. There is a daily entertainment program available and evening entertainment options include theme nights, live music and karaoke.Guests can enjoy a variety of different dining options at our restaurants in our sister resorts, a 5 minutes’ walk away.The main entertainment area of Albufeira is a 5 minute walk away.Clube Praia da Oura is 40 minutes’ drive from Faro Airport and just over 3 km from the old town centre of Albufeira. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Muthu Clube Praia da Oura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clube Praia Da Oura Hotel Albufeira
- Clube Praia Da Oura Albufeira
- Oura Albufeira
- Muthu Clube Praia Da Oura Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve