I’m not sure what’s going on here with the negative reviews? Maybe this place is slightly more suited to young people and parties rather than families? Or the staff have now read the reviews and pulled their socks up?
I stayed here with 17 other guys on a stag do (aged 30-ish). I suppose we were a little bit loud at times but don’t think we disturbed any of the other guests as everyone was very nice and seemed to laugh along with our silly pranks.
After reading some of the other reviews I was worried how the staff would be with us when we got there… Well they could not have been nicer! – From the girls on reception to the bar girl and bar guy. They were always happy to help us, have a laugh with us and just be very pleasant indeed.
Pool: There was plenty of room around the pool area for all guests + everyone was pretty respectful of each other (There was another stag party + a couple of young Spanish and Portuguese groups with the odd couple here and there also staying whilst we were there).
Drink: The bar was very reasonable priced at €2 a pint then €1 a pint at happy hour (7.30-9.30pm).
Food: I only had a cheese toasty from the bar while I was there which was nice enough.
Rooms: As a group we were spread over 5 rooms which they grouped pretty close to each other.
They were clean, spacious enough (for 4 guys in each), had a little kitchen area, the aircon was good (available with deposit), there was a safe in the main bedroom (available with deposit).
Location: The hotel is perfectly located just a 5min walk downhill to the beach, or a 10 min walk up-hill to the main strip.
Checkout was at 11am but our flight was not until midnight but the staff were happy to lock our bags up in a storage cupboard for us to come and go as we pleased for the day until our transfers arrived at night.
Deposit: They did try to sting us for a load of towels and duvets (we wore body-paint out the night before and to be fair to them, it made a bit of a mess). We assured them that it was machine washable paint and if they were going to charge us for new towels and duvets, then we wanted to keep the old ones …we then got our money back ;-)
After my experience on this stag do I would definitely go back to Albufeira and would stay at the Soldoiro again either with a group or even with my wife and baby. It is probably “geared” slightly towards younger people, but I don’t see why anyone would not stay here unless you’re after 5-star bells and whistles hotel. For the money and with its superb location I really don’t think you can get much better.
If you’re thinking of going to Albufeira on a stag do or group holiday – Do it!
If you’re thinking of staying at the Soldoiro – Do it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Soldoiro Apartments, are located in Oura Beach, Albufeira, at the center of Algarve. With a suberb location, our facilities are only at 1 minute walking from the beach, 300 meters from the famous "Strip" (Night life with a lot of Bars and Restaurants) and only 4 km from Albufeira center. Any kind of store and supermarket are a short distance on foot. Regarding all main facilities, Faro International Airport is 24 km away and the train station and also the new bus station are 4 km away. In the extreme southwest of Europe, the confluence of the Mediterranean with the Atlantic and Europe to Africa, the Algarve guard at their folklore, handicrafts, monuments, architecture, cuisine and customs, clear traces of its intense historical to which the Phoenicians, Greeks , Romans and Moors were giving forth their valuable contribution. Its golden beaches, deep blue sea, the transparent sun and mild weather are an irresistible invitation!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, HostelWorld, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apartamentos Soldoiro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Soldoiro Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve
- Apartamentos Soldoiro Hotel Albufeira