“Perfect location, great value, friendly staff - Ideal for young groups going to party”

Apartamentos Soldoiro
Ranked #96 of 127 Specialty Lodging in Albufeira
Northampton
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I’m not sure what’s going on here with the negative reviews? Maybe this place is slightly more suited to young people and parties rather than families? Or the staff have now read the reviews and pulled their socks up?

I stayed here with 17 other guys on a stag do (aged 30-ish). I suppose we were a little bit loud at times but don’t think we disturbed any of the other guests as everyone was very nice and seemed to laugh along with our silly pranks.
After reading some of the other reviews I was worried how the staff would be with us when we got there… Well they could not have been nicer! – From the girls on reception to the bar girl and bar guy. They were always happy to help us, have a laugh with us and just be very pleasant indeed.
Pool: There was plenty of room around the pool area for all guests + everyone was pretty respectful of each other (There was another stag party + a couple of young Spanish and Portuguese groups with the odd couple here and there also staying whilst we were there).
Drink: The bar was very reasonable priced at €2 a pint then €1 a pint at happy hour (7.30-9.30pm).
Food: I only had a cheese toasty from the bar while I was there which was nice enough.
Rooms: As a group we were spread over 5 rooms which they grouped pretty close to each other.
They were clean, spacious enough (for 4 guys in each), had a little kitchen area, the aircon was good (available with deposit), there was a safe in the main bedroom (available with deposit).
Location: The hotel is perfectly located just a 5min walk downhill to the beach, or a 10 min walk up-hill to the main strip.

Checkout was at 11am but our flight was not until midnight but the staff were happy to lock our bags up in a storage cupboard for us to come and go as we pleased for the day until our transfers arrived at night.

Deposit: They did try to sting us for a load of towels and duvets (we wore body-paint out the night before and to be fair to them, it made a bit of a mess). We assured them that it was machine washable paint and if they were going to charge us for new towels and duvets, then we wanted to keep the old ones …we then got our money back ;-)

After my experience on this stag do I would definitely go back to Albufeira and would stay at the Soldoiro again either with a group or even with my wife and baby. It is probably “geared” slightly towards younger people, but I don’t see why anyone would not stay here unless you’re after 5-star bells and whistles hotel. For the money and with its superb location I really don’t think you can get much better.

In summary:
If you’re thinking of going to Albufeira on a stag do or group holiday – Do it!
If you’re thinking of staying at the Soldoiro – Do it!

1 Thank PartyBoyMarty
Soldoiro T, General Manager at Apartamentos Soldoiro, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Guest. Thank you very much for your stay at Soldoiro as well your comment. We are doing all our best to satisfy our customers. We hope to see you soon again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have just returned home from a ten night stay at Soldoiro Apartments and I cannot put into words what a disappointing complex this place turned out to be - a nightmare!

First of all, on day three, having been told that all our towels were damaged with fake-tan, we were asked to pay 125 EURO for TOWELS!!. These towels were under no circumstances damaged and very easily washed. No doubt, we refused to pay this ridiculous price. After refusing to pay, the receptionist threatened to lock us out of our apartment when we returned that night. Furthermore, as we refused to pay this scandalous price for towels, they then got the police involved. As you could imagine, me and my friend (who are both 19) got quite alarmed and a major downer was placed on our holiday in Albufeira. After two days of constant harassment from the reception staff, they then informed us that we would now have to pay 62.50. The price further dropped to 49.00 euro after we questioned them on this figure. We regret paying this price but at the time we were simply scared after they brought the police into the situation. Please note also that they refused to show us the damaged towels (apart from one). It is clear that the complex targeted us as we were two young girls travelling without adults.

Having payed an extra 46 euro each to receive breakfast every morning, we were disappointed to find out that our breakfast consisted of bread - only bread. There was no fruit, no cereal, no yogurts or even toast. Overall, we payed 92 EURO for bread. It was appalling.

In addition, the hygiene around the pool area was atrocious. The pool was clearly not cleaned everyday as there was constantly dead bugs and plasters floating around. Because of this, we spent all of our time on the beach which was just beautiful. I asked reception about the hygiene in the pool and I was informed that the pool was cleaned every evening (clearly not).

Inside the apartments, they were basic but acceptable. However, often the smell of sewage from the water was highly unpleasant. The only positive about this complex is simply its location. The beach and the strip are extremely close which is ideal as everything is in walking distance.

All I can say is, that if you want to make the most out of your holiday in Albufeira - avoid these apartments or if you do decide to book here, please consider what I have said about towels, pool etc. At the same time, Albufeira itself was fantastic and would recommend this area for any age-group.

4 Thank KL8787

Travelers are raving about these Albufeira hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

After staying with my girlfriend for 4 days this is my review of the hotel. First of all I'd rate it as a two star hotel, however I guess the location has bumpted it up to a three star hotel.

Ill briefly bullet point my feedback.

Pros:
-fantastic location, 5 minutes walk to the beach and the strip
-English channels on the TV
-nice pool area.

Cons:
-poor room quality. A double bed which had two single beds of different heights pushed together!
-drainage smell in the room when doors were closed and AC was off.
-very noisy at night. They mentioned in their info that noise comes from outside however it's the internal noise that you need to be worried about from other guests.

• Stayed June 2013
dublin
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Okay I will start off with the negatives. If you are a young family or older couple looking for a quiet apartment stay then STAY AWAY. Second night, music blaring, I asked the Young lads to turn it down and in fairness to them they did. Im young meself and like a bitta fun but I like my sleep. Another night stag arrived, music blaring, rang reception and music stopped, final night group of students, loud loud loud. Anyway reception are very good in sorting them out. So second last day, got a phone call during the day from reception. They said our bath towels were not in great condition and we owe 14 euro, now I know they were stained but I thought this is ridiculous. So I went down to reception and asked could I see the towels. They couldn't show me and fair enough the 14 euro was waved. So question if they are charging you for extra and make sure you leave your room in the state you found it as they will charge you.

Positives
Well we had the dungeon room upon arrrival and I have read up about the apartments on trip advisor so we asked if we could have something else. It cost us 40 euro but it was worth it. Rooms were spacious and clean, shower was great, loads a mirrors and closet space. Cant comment on the bar food because we ate out but the bar area n food area is nice. Drinks are cheap. Pool is small I thought it was ideal. Reception are very friendly and take their time with all their clients. Apartment is 1 min from beach. Nice places to eat along beach, we went o the old town a lot, 6 euro in taxi. Very nice restaurants and plenty of nightlife in old town as well as the strip in Albufeira.

Room Tip: This ideal for anyone looking for a party time
Swindon
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were upgraded to a 1 bedroom apartment upon arrival. Had a nice sea view from the balcony and living room. The location is great, beach is 2 minutes down the hill, supermarket as well. Also a big supermarket about 10 minutes walk. The strip is 2 minutes up the hill, loads of bars and restaurants. The old town is a 25 minute walk but worth the stroll for nice restaurants and bars, cab back is only about 6 euros. Pool was great, could always get a lounger and umbrella. Bar was cheap and all the staff very very helpful. Was clean and tidy, kitchen perfect to knock up breakfast or a evening meal. Had Tv and air con in both rooms too! Really an ideal place to stay, would definitely recommend. I'd book a 1 bedroom apartment, otherwise i think you get like smaller sofa beds in the studios. only thing that would be good is some washing up liquid in the kitchens.

Room Tip: Book a 1 bedroom apartment if you want a better double bed, also sea view was nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NdrSwindon
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your stay at Soldoiro as well your comment. We hope to see you soon again.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were 9 people in the age 3 to 53. Hotel check-in starts 16:00. Not so much fun if your plane lands 9:00, and you have to wait the whole day. We booked 3 rooms, thought we booked together our rooms were far away from eachother. One of the apartments were even in another building. The floor and walls were full of black hair and the refrigerator was dirty. I washed the floor after room service was there, and my mop got black because of all the dirt on the floor. I had my shoes on the entire stay. The only place you can get wi-fi is in the "bar", and you have to pay 3 euro for 1 hour, the connection is not so good either. Almost every time i was in the bar surfing, drunk and loud people sat there. The pool was ok, but the area could have been cleaner. The beds are a bit hard. You also have to pay 10 euro in depositium to get the remote to the ac and really small tv. There was also something weird with the showers in all 3 rooms, the pressure was low and mostly cold water. The reseptions were nice and friendly though, and the location is good. But i would not recommend this hotel if you want to sleep and want a clean room.

Room Tip: Room 88 has a good view, 11 & 18 has not.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kilkenny
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My family stayed in the Soldoiro apartments in May of this year (2013) Great location, staff were ok , on our 4th night there whilst we were asleep our apartment was robbed... when we called the police they confirmed along with the hotels caretaker that they entered our apartment using a key card.... when we went to reception the following morning at 9am to notify them of the incident they didnt ask if we were ok they didnt really seem to be bothered we had to ask if we could be moved to another apartment as we did not feel safe in the current one they did accomadate us on that request but other than that they were no help at all.... pls be aware it is not safe to stay here!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family