Excellent 4* hotel, booked late and requested a room on an upper floor that was non-smoking, got room 422 on top floor very spacious with a double balcony - lovely and quiet, but take a travel kettle etc as the algarve don't seem to go for the kettle in room thing, however we had a mini bar.
The breakfast was also great with hot buffet, cold meats, great selection of pastries, bread, cereals, yogurts etc - if you like strong tea make sure you use 2 teabags per pot.
The staff were inobtrusive but there if you needed them, which is what we like.
We did not use the gym or sauna, which was 5 euros each per visit or use the pool, though we looked around and the facilities looked excellent.
We love walking and found ourselves in the old town within 20 minutes, which had a great selection of restaurants, many still open for this time of year. We always walked across the beach to get to the strip, though if you have problems with mobility its not recommended as climbing rocks etc is involved. However you can catch the road train from the brisa sol hotel which runs to the strip and the old town in a loop for 3 euros each per day or 2 euros per trip. The strip we found to be eerily quiet and lacking the ambience of the old town, though in season you can see it would be a typical Kavos, playa de las americas type night spot.
Eating out in the old town was good but you get harrassed as you try to look at menus, snoopys was good for sangria and toastie snacks and was also beachfront.
We hired a car but did not use it other than to get to from the airport (as it was the same cost as an airport transfer) If we had been there for more than 4 days we would have gone exploring, We had our last few hours in Faro, which could have been better served with a full day, as there seemed a lot to see.
My only critisism would be that you get used to the UK for being non-smoking in enclosed areas, you do have to walk through some smoky areas to get to the hotel restaurant, which thankfully is non-smoking, smokers can go outside.
All in all a cheap flight, fab hotel and great weather made this a lovely 4 day break.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Expedia, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Real Bellavista Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Real Bellavista Hotel And Spa
- Real Bellavista Hotel Albufeira
- Hotel Real Bellavista
- Real Bellavista Albufeira
- Real Bellavista Hotel & Spa Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve