3,250 results
All reviewsthomas cook repsself cateringhotel paraisoold townoff licencekids clubgames roomcrazy golfentertainment teamcan't comment on the foodbit datedoutdoor poolgreat holidayfamily holidaylarge hotelall inclusive foodone bedroom apartment
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was a bit apprehensive when I read some of the reviews after i had booked. Previous good review had changed to quite bad ones. I can now understand the mixture. The hotel is 4 star because of the facilities offered, however there is no doubt that the rooms are now due an upgrade. The room sizes were great but the furniture, television, ect. did require updating. Food was not bad even though the hotel was quiet before christmas. It was busier later. I found the staff very friendly and the service was very good. Our sheets were changed 4 times in the week we were there. I believe this would be a good choice for a family on a budget.

Room Tip: One bedroom apartments overlook the pool but the lower rooms do not have the best views.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank benalmadenascot
Neale F, General Manager at Hotel Paraiso de Albufeira, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Sir or Madam

Thank you for your contribution to TripAdvisor. Your insight and comments are extremely valuable to us and motivate us to continue striving to improve our services.

As we have stated on previous responses, the hotel has an on-going refurbishment plan for the apartments which includes amongst other things the mattresses, soft furnishings, furniture and TV.

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed over the New Year, something strange happened to me, I got this overwhelming feeling that Portugese people hate the British. Don't know why, because we weren't any trouble. No smiles like you get from the Spanish. Surely by visiting we are boosting their economy so why are they so unfriendly? Big hotel and we got the last room down the corridor! Didn't mind too much. My gripes were, we were all inclusive, so when our teenage kids got up it was too late for breakfast, there was no snack bar in between restaurant times. At breakfast there was a free-for-all at the coffee/tea machine, there was only one in the restaurant and it was right next to the fruit juices so there was two queues merged into one. Portugese do not like waiting in a queue. Elbows and invading personal space were the norm, forget your English manners straight away. Do not expect proper bacon it is squares of hot ham! Not a sausage to be had either. However, restaurant food was better than I expected and really enjoyed the variety. Rooms were cleaned daily, even though my teenage sons were sleeping, they still carried on around them!!! I laughed so much. Bathrooms are a little grotty, need regrouting. Safe is £2.50 per day and you get a deposit back at the end. Be very careful of the balconies, especially with little children as they are buit for small Portugese people, I am woman of 5.5 foot and felt as though I could fall off them easily. There is a leaflet warning about this in the room! Despite this, entertainment was better than expected, the weather was lovely and I really enjoyed sitting out on the bar balcony in full sun drinking hot chocolate with brandy, just great.

Room Tip: Probably one overlooking the pool and play area.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank kellymick

Dear Kelly and Mick

We regret that on this occasion, not all our services lived up to your expectations.

Contrary to your affirmation, the Portuguese people do like the British, very much so. Their demeanour is quite different from the Spanish, particularly the Spanish from Andaluzia who are very open and gay. The Portuguese people are more reserved. But please do not take this as not being friendly.

We were pleased to learn that you liked the food service in the restaurants, but we must point out that we do serve bacon at breakfast - just not every day. The hot items on the breakfast buffet rotate. What you identified as bacon was in fact grilled ham. As for the snack service, this is only included in the All Inclusive (Plus) package in the summer months. There are snacks available however at the main bar throughout the year.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Paraiso in the near future.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed here last may 2012, was a nice hotel, there is plenty to do including spa, gym and the pools, the rooms are a decent size, the bathroom was really nice, we didn't really spend much time in the hotel as went out in to the town and beach everyday, but the time we did spend inside could never say a bad word , staff were always friendly downstairs space with computers to check your Facebook :) but you have to pay, there is a shop downstairs which is okay priced, there is always a activities bit run downstairs by a lovely man I cant remember his name he organised all the trips out and about. We never ate in the hotel tbh the food didn't look brilliant, I am glad we didn't go all inclusive as there are so many nice places to eat around the area, we never stayed in for the entertainment, but it sounded like karaoke. Our room was always nice and clean, it is within walking distance of the town and if you walk the other way you will find McDonalds, taxi prices are not to bad from the old town as you couldn't walk that far, overall nice hotel, would like to go back at some point :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lornarobertson93

Dear Lorna

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Paraiso in the near future.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hotel is located within walking distance of the old town. We stayed in December and left as soon as we could arrange alternative accomodation. The beds were very hard, the room was cold and needed a revamp. We were offered an alternative room with better matresses but were still not impressed. Breakfast was poor, with not even fresh tea/coffee. (The Barisal Sol hotel next door serves excellent coffee and pastries.) I would not recommend the Paraiso Hotel to anyone over 25. It is definitely not 4star standard, I would say a poor 3 star accomodation.

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank Kerrie006

Dear Kerrie

We regret that on this occasion, not all our services lived up to your expectations and we will take a good look as to how we can improve on the specifics that you have kindly brought to our attention.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 1 week. We 're very pleased for the room. It was very spacious for all of us ( 2 adults and 2 kids ) . My husband said , it was just a bit old style, ESP the TV in the lounge. But it was all okay , my kids we're happy that it has UK channels.
Kitchen was clean and almost complete with everything we need. It has fridge/ freezer , coffee maker, microwave, toaster and eclectic stove.

I was not just impressed with the beddings in the bedroom. They put two single bed in there and it was so difficult to go inside the bed. It's like there was a fence between me and my husband .
They have so many cupboards and drawers for your things. We had nice view as we're facing to the outside pool. Really nice sunshine in the morning.

They also clean the room everyday .
Inside swimming pool was very child friendly. My 4 year old son can stand in the middle of the pool. You need a swimming cap for health reason.
Jacuzzi was okay, but just a bit yellowish for the water, I was not sure if its the colour of the paint.

Lobby was good, they had entertainment every night. I love the songs they're playing, just wish my hubby like to dance. But I noticed that the singers almost sang same songs every night ...

But all in all, it was really nice to stay in this place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Kercy D

Dear Kercy

We are very happy to learn that we were able to meet your expectations and provide you with an enjoyable stay with us. Your comments have been passed on to the service personnel involved in making your visit a memorable one.