Well, we too read the reviews on here and thought oh dear what have we booked!
I'm now wondering if the days of holiday reviews have had their time?
We had a great holiday!!!
I'm not taking anything away from all the other experiences that have been shared on here but I can only speak as I find.
We booked a week at half term for 5 people in 2 one bedroom apartments on all inclusive.
We had apartments 620 and 621 facing the garden and pool with a seaview in the distance.
The apartments are HUGE and very spacious and have everything you need to be self catering. The decor is circa 2001 with swags and tails over the bed and matching style pictures BUT it was clean and well maintained.
The balcony covers the length of your bedroom and lounge area with a maiden for drying clothes, 4 seats and a table so in other words, plenty of room!
The public areas are lovely, marble, well laid out and spacious.
Our 3 teenage girls LOVED the games room downstairs which was more like an arcade with video games, table tennis, air hockey etc it was like an in house youth club, supervised by an attendant and open till midnight but with most kids up to their rooms around 11pm.
The hotel has an indoor pool which was having work done to it the day after we arrived and I was concerned we would be without the use of an indoor pool if the weather changed BUT there is another pool in the gym downstairs!!!!
So with all the intentions of using that along with the sauna, steam room and gym.......we never went near the place as the weather was nice enough to stay outdoors and we decided to give the gym a miss for a week while we were on holiday. (you need a swimming cap to enter all the indoor pools and this can be purchased for 3 euros if you haven't your own to take with you)
The pool outside is MASSIVE and at half term we had plenty of sunbeds and space to sunbathe but I would be the first to admit that when this complex is fully booked in the height of summer, I imagine this would not be the case.
Although there would be plenty of space to put your towel on the grassed areas, sunbeds I could well imagine are in short supply.
When you are on all inclusive, you receive a towel card (adults only) for fresh towels to be used by the pool each day which was a god send. You also get sun mattresses for the loungers which I believe you pay for when self catering?
I too read all the reports on here slagging off the pool attendant and poolside bar staff etc etc and all I can say is behavior breeds behavior and if you let them do their job and take into account that while you're relaxing by the pool, they have to put up with 100s of kids running round and acting the goat for 9hrs a day :-) give them a break.
Same can be said of the reception staff, the place is huge and the kids are constantly running up to the desk to ask for things so just bare with them as I'm quite sure if this was a hotel in the UK we wouldn't be quite so patient?
Right then......the food!
After reading the reports on here I was prepared to be in a back room eating slop and thought never mind at least my waist line will benefit.
But the food during half term was BRILLIANT!
We didn't have 1 bad meal the whole time we were there. Breakfast had everything you needed juices, cereal, cooked items, fruit, waffles, coffee, breads etc etc
Lunches and dinner had soup, salads, various hot dishes, fruit, cakes, ice cream and plenty more.
The food from the pool side bar consisted of baguettes, hot dogs, onion rings, wedges, chips and ice cream so the kids bloody loved it.
Location of this hotel as stated is excellent, between the strip and old town.
I always hire a car from Auto Jardim as I used them when I worked as a Rep in Albufeira in 1992. I would strongly recommend you book on line as I saved 50 euros on a Ford Focus for 3 days by booking on line with Auto Jardim rather than going into the resort office in Town (even though we collected the car from there, they couldn't price match their on line prices face to face)
Now then I saved the best till last.......The Entertainment.
This wasn't supplied by the hotel this was courtesy of the Thomas Cook Team who were brilliant.
They arranged activities throughout the afternoon such as giant jenga, pub quiz, killer pool, 5 a side footie and rounded the kids up and had them jumping in the pool to see who won the daily "biggest splash"
Then in the evenings they gave out certificates, played games and entertained the younger ones from 7-9.30pm
At 10pm each night they put on a show of some sort which could be anything from Sounds of the 80s, Queen tribute to Mr and Mrs Paraiso.
After being a Rep myself, believe me this team are not just a bunch of reps covering the evening shift, they are trained entertainers who can sing, dance and compere with great comedy.
They worked hard and made this hotel great in the evenings and as an independent traveler with Travel Republic, I'd like to say Thank You Thomas Cook :-)
Many things make a holiday and all of the above certainly helped but make your own holiday experience and make your own mind up too......don't always rely on other peoples reviews :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Paraiso de Albufeira is a family resort located in the heart of Albufeira. License No. 843 The use of some services such as Fitness Centre, Spa, Games Camps has an additional cost. The use of swimming cap in the indoor pool is mandatory. Customers can buy caps at € 3.50 / each at the front desk. Guests with food allergies, food intolerances and/or other special dietary needs must notify the hotel before arrival. For groups of young guests and/or stag/hen parties, a security deposit of EUR 250 per person will be requested, in cash or by charging the amount on a valid credit or debit card, at the time of check-in. If the guest refuses to pay this security deposit, the entrance in the property will be denied. This security deposit will be refunded if no damages are made to the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Paraiso de Albufeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paraiso De Albufeira Hotel Albufeira
- Paraiso De Hotel Albufeira
- Paraiso Albufeira
- Paraiso Hotel Albufeira
- Albufeira Paraiso De Hotel
- Aparthotel Paraiso De Albufeira
- Hotel Paraiso De Albufeira Portugal - Algarve