“best holiday ever!!!”
Review of Bayside Salgados

Bayside Salgados
Ranked #47 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The hotel was great! the rooms are clean and have everything you need, theres a good size pool and a jacuzzi also theres a bar by the pool and plenty of sun loungers. the beach is only a ten minute walk away and there are loads of things to do in the area.theres also two shops near by where you can pick up anything you need. The food is excellant and the staff are lovely and very helpfull. As for the entertainment, iv never laughed as much john is great craic and provides different entertainment 5 or so days a week he got everybody to join in with the kareoke! you can get all the information you need about the activities in the area from reception and they will organize taxis into the old and new town and the various water parks close by. The only regret i have is that i didnt book two weeks at the bayside. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definately be comming back!
Lady Gaga

Room Tip: The only thing i would say is that there are quite a few cats around the area i love cats so this di...
2  Thank Sinead C

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Myself, my sister and my mum stayed at the Bayside Appartments in August. The Appartments are basic but I have to say we all thorougly enjoyed our stay. The swimming pool is spotlessly clean with loads of sun loungers. The food is excellent and great value for money and the staff are brilliant - extremely helpful and friendly. Their is entertainment in the complex most nights and it was great craic.

The down side is that it is approx 7km outside Albuferia but the complex provide a daily bus service to and from the Old town.

We really enjoyed our stay and would definately go back.

3  Thank Tonya M
Reviewed August 9, 2012

i will start with the good points ....the staff and entertainment at night were brilliant...now the downsides ...the rooms were really very,very basic ...you struggled to self cater no toaster, no oven ..the hotel is miles from anywhere...a long walk to the beach (which was lovely) get up early and pay for the mini bus to the old town ...a taxi is a tenner each way...we stayed for 3 weeks and ended up using another hotels pool during the day in the old town on several occasions as the one at ours was quite small and full of loved up couples and groups of lads and lasses...the clever ones had hire cars...as for the bloody cats all over the place...but as i said its cheap and now i know why ....shame coz the staff are doing their very best to give folk a good holiday ...suggest you look a bit longer before booking folks...

1  Thank peter919
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I came back from this dump in mid -July and I cant believe the lies being told about this place,It is disgusting your beds were changed once in a two week stay,the rooms smelled of mould and were very basic,the towels were changed three times in two weeks which basically made you feel like a tramp,the pool gave everyone a rash,the cats were being drugged to move them on,this was truly a horrific holiday and i feel sorry for anyone going there. My son developed a sickness/diarreah bug whilst there along with a few others, A MONTH LATER HE IS STILL POORLY AWAITING TEST RESULTS,So for all you people that say its cheap and cheerful go on thompsons website we could have stayed nearer to Albufeira in a hotel that actually has stars ,which this hotel actually dosent for cheaper.THE BUS SERVICE IS NOT FREE. We paid £1100 for two adults with a free child place so would hardly call it a budget hotel.

3  Thank mel200271
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I go to Portugal at least twice a year, I have stayed in anything from stunning 5 bedroom villas to 2 star hotels, so I hope my review gives a completey honest account of The Bayside Hotel, where it is & the Algarve as a whole.
This trip was only a quick 3 night stay & as it was at the heigt of the season, I stayed at Bayside purely for the low price. I read all the reviews on here & reading between the lines of the very poor reviews & the ones giving it an excellent rating, I was expecting something average & that is what I got.

Right, lets start from the begining:
If you hire a car, VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (sorry about the caps but I have to bang this point home) there is ample amount of parking area.
As has been said on other reviews, the reception & bar/resturant area has been completely refurbished to quite a high standard (from what I heard the refurb was done by Gordon Ramsey for a Dutch TV program) Also the grounds are quite nice.
The first thing we encountered (even before we got to our room) was a couple of families ranting about how bad the place was & that it was not near the sea or in a town & there was nothing for the kids to do. In fact most of the people we spoke to complained that it was to far out of town, this seemed to be the biggest problem for most people... I would like to address these points by saying that, surley before booking, you would do a bit of reseach & check where the hotel is on the map & it is only a 10 min walk to a stunning beach. This is the Algarve, most hotels/villas are not on the sea front & if they are you will have to pay a hell lot a more for them.
As for "nothing for the kids to do" once again, this is the beautiful Algarve with some of the best beaches in Europe, Bayside has a decent pool area & there are water parks, Zoomarine, trips out on boats etc...If you want funfairs & stuff go to Great Yarmouth or South End (& pay a lot more to hire a caravan)

Onto the room, now this is not so good..We stayed in a 1 bed & as it was on a corner we had a nice large balcony. The living room/kitchen are quite large, the kitchen area is a bit of a joke really, a small sink & tiny work area, a kettle, microwave, fridge, bathroom has a bath with overhead shower, sink & toilet. The bedroom had 2 single beds that were ok..Although the appartment was clean, it was very tired but livable, I went to Portugal for the sun, not to spent time in the room.

Staff are very friendly & helpful & are trying their best, the entertainment is typical hotel entertainment.

Conclusion:
My biggest point is, the Algarve is a stunning place & needs to be explored, so HIRE A CAR.
The Bayside is good value for money & as long as you dont mind a very basic but clean base to explore the Algarve from or a nice quite beach/pool holiday, the Bayside could be for you.

Room Tip: Hire a car & explore the beautiful Algarve
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank t-shirt_tony
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I just returned from the Bayside (under new management) having stayed there for four nights with my toddler (age two). I was disappointed on many levels. Despite knowing the transfer time, I found the hotel to be extremely remote. I'm used to going on holiday and finding a strip of restaurants/bars about a 10 min walk away.I took a walk with my little one,a left here, a right here only to come across two restaurants, returning 3 hours later. Everything seems to go round in a circle of nothing with signs of life every mile and a half.

I chose to stay here because it said it was 'family-friendly' with lots to do for the kids. The 'playground' consisted of a plank of wood on a rope and a tree-house along with some sand pushed to one side. The pool however was a good size with a variety of floats available.

I had to be moved room at 3.30am on our first night due to a trails of ants all over my daughter's bed. I lifted up the pillow and couldn't believe how many there were. I can appreciate it is a hot country, but didn't expect to see so many on the bed. To add insult to injury, once reported, I was offered a tube of ant killer. I asked to be moved and was, to a first floor apartment which was much better. NO ants, cleaner fridge, generally better maintained. This did however mean I struggled with the pushchair down the stairs.

We had food in the restaurant on the first night but was disappointed as it came just about warm. Breakfast was okay, choice of two cereals, tea, coffee, chocolate, eggs, beans, toast, sausages, bacon, yogurts and fruits.

Hotel entertainment-the receptionist doubled as the entertainer. It was rock and roll bingo we caught but found there was more excitement on the TV in my room.

The reception and restaurant area clearly have just been refurbished and was bright and welcoming and the team of staff, though small, were friendly. More advice on how to travel around and local knowledge would have been helpful. Local supermarket directions, bus stops, how to book a taxi etc.

In our short time there, we talked with three other families who were in the process of moving out. One had booked for two weeks and having spent four days, really didn't want to spend anymore time there. A couple we met took advantage of the once a day bus trip to Albufeira to book to check-out and move to a hotel there.

If you do decide to stay, do your shopping at the supermarket round the back which is a 10/15 minute walk away within the residential units.

I don't feel I really 'saw' Portugal as it was so expensive to travel out but no next time where I will not be staying.

If you are looking for a cheapish/basic stay, enjoy spending time by the pool, and aren't bothered about going on trips, then this could be just right for you.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

we only returned from holiday at bayside on monday after 2 weeks and we did not want 2 leave when we first got there at first we were a bit disappointed as it was further away from town than we had expected but every thing happens for a reason and we were so happy there at least 5 nights a week there was entertainment anything from bingo quizes karoke race nights rocken roll bingo all u had to do was have a few drinks and join in the entertainers name was john and he was bril he did every thing really an al rounder they have just taken over the hotel which had been left in a state by previous owners they have done a lot of work with it 2 try and shape it up and they have a lot more work on the aggenda to begin after the busy season and it was very busy der are some lovely restaurants and bars near buy not to talk about the stunning beaches al within walking distance so if your after a quiter relaxing and most enjoyable holiday and perfect for kids and very cheap of coarse then i would def recomend this hotel caroline paul chloe and jack

Room Tip: higher floors have more private balconys
1  Thank Caroline D