Hotel Baltum
Vila Gale Atlantico(Gale)(Great Value!)
$104
Alpinus Hotel(Albufeira)
$76
$67
  • Pool
Hotel Apartamento Brisa Sol(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
$71
$46
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop barurban pizzabars and restaurantstaxi rankgreat locationhot tubbar streetold towncentral locationrooms are smallcontinental breakfastbalcony overlookingfisherman's beachyour doorsteplovely bathroomdoor stepair con
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2008

We stayed in this hotel last weekend from thursday to monday and I can tell u that is a good place to stay where u will find a cleaned room and nice staff. With a short walk u will be in the Praia dos Barcos and in the middle of the old town with its bares, restaurants, shops and clubs. A good alternative if u are travelling without a car, u will be in the nicest place in the Albufeira old town. The only wrong thing is that u can't charge your mobile/camera in the room because it doesn't have a plug....unbelievable!!!!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 7, 2008

this hotel was better than some 3 star hotels , clean,well run,and the staff were great. breakfast was a bit bland but it was fresh & you could have as much as you wanted .hell ,its suposed to be 2 star any moaners should get a life .will definately go back

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed November 25, 2007

The location is superb, just a minutes walk to the beach, and the same to the town square with all it's bars and restaurants.
My room was small, but spotlessly clean and comfortable, and the balcony overlooked the main street.
I didn't find the staff particulrly friendly - not unfriendly either, just not very interested!
Breakfast was fine - ok it was the same everyday, but the rolls were lovely and fresh, and I found it a perfectly adequate start to the day. The coffee is absolutely disgusting, but that was not a problem because I took my own travel kettle, so I just had a coffee sitting on my balcony after breakfast instead.
The only downside I found with the place in general is that there is a lot of building work going on at the moment, both within the old town itself, and over much of the surrounding area. It didn't ruin my stay, but anyone expecting the fisherman's beach to look as idyllic as it does in the pictures may be a bit disappointed! There are currently 2 seperate construction sites there, one over part of the beach itself, the other on the cliffs overlooking it. But just a few minutes stroll in either direction and peace is restored.
The surrounding coastline is well worth exploring - the walk along the beach and then coast path to Praia d oura is spectacular, as are the beaches and coast paths the other side of the marina, towards Gale.
All in all a lovely stay, I will definitely return to Albufeira, and would not hesitate to recommend the Baltum, to anyone considering it.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2007

The teeny tiny room (210) on our 2nd. floor at the Baltum made it all the more fun!
We stayed from the 20th. to the 27th. September and a fantastic time was had by us both. The revellers didn't bother us at all, in fact once the balcony doors were closed it was nice to faintly hear people in Bar Street enjoying themselves. We are in our 50's and coped pretty well!
There were market stalls directly under the balconies selling handbags, trinkets, sweeties nuts etc. It became quite a novelty just to sit on our lovely little balcony watching life going on around us. We never used the bar as it was closed most of the time, but of course Albufeira is full of bars anyway! I loved staying here. The weather was beautiful. Tina & Fred Rowley, Camberwell, London

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank frowley
Reviewed September 29, 2007

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Baltum and had a wonderful holiday. The hotel is spotlessly clean and 2 mins from a fabulous beach.The staff are very helpful.Our room was on the second floor and had a balcony overlooking the street below which was very entertaining after a relaxing day at the beach1
The only downside was the loud live music that went on into the early hours!!!I am a light sleeper but my husband slept like a log, so the loud music probably wont affect most people after a bottle of wine and a good feast!
Overall it was a wonderful holiday in a great location. suitable for all ages and families too.Plenty of good restaurants to eat in and lots of shops.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank jaygee23